New Grower Start up (11/6/22)

Day 26 photo flower. Day 66 auto
Not much of an entry, just wanna jot a couple things down I did today so I dont forget.

Looks like depending on the maturation time of autos in the future I will need to add cal/mag after about day 50 to prevent deficiency. Im pretty sure its partially do to lock out from a bit too much nitrogen over the course of the grow, so for the future I will be feeding half doses of the fox farm line and tapering off the high N ferts as flowering progresses past the start of flower/bud production.

As my last post shows, there are fan leaves and sugar leaves that have brown spots. Started very slow and over night yesterday the more affected sugar leaves are completely brown between the veins about 1/3 out from the base of the leaf but the last 2/3s is a healthy green. Im thinking my auto is gonna need more than 2 weeks to reach maturity so to alleviate some of the symptoms I watered with a half dose feed including cal/mag at a half dose. Figured it would be ok as the last 4 waterings have been plain trying to drain the excess N. Thinking I starved her a bit.

Also fed the watermelon zkittles and the shorter peyote both full feeds with cal mag to help curb possible future problems. Have the feeling that any available magnesium or calcium is basically eaten up. Also some of the lower branches are yellowing a bit on the shorter peyote and watermelon. I think this is a mixture of not enough light penetration and low N in the soil.

Ps
Figured I should at least include a couple pics as a reminder and an update to the tent for anyone watching

20230110_084455.jpg
20230110_084418.jpg
20230110_085023.jpg

2023_01_11_11_27_00_050.jpg
2023_01_11_11_26_42_516.jpg
2023_01_11_11_26_11_582.jpg
2023_01_11_11_33_01_165.jpg
2023_01_11_11_32_37_865.jpg

Last 2 here are a small shake size snip off one of the sugar leaves barely sticking out past the buds around the center of the bud. Wanted to get a clearer picture of the trichomes and just as I thought they have JUST started to cloud while a majority remain clear so there is a WAYS to go, Im gonna say at least 2 more weeks if not 4. This is a weird plant started flowering out super fast then its hit this slow spot. Im guessing its just because the buds just swelling now.
20230111_111848.jpg

Last edited:
Not much of an entry, just wanna jot a couple things down I did today so I dont forget.

Looks like depending on the maturation time of autos in the future I will need to add cal/mag after about day 50 to prevent deficiency. Im pretty sure its partially do to lock out from a bit too much nitrogen over the course of the grow, so for the future I will be feeding half doses of the fox farm line and tapering off the high N ferts as flowering progresses past the start of flower/bud production.

As my last post shows, there are fan leaves and sugar leaves that have brown spots. Started very slow and over night yesterday the more affected sugar leaves are completely brown between the veins about 1/3 out from the base of the leaf but the last 2/3s is a healthy green. Im thinking my auto is gonna need more than 2 weeks to reach maturity so to alleviate some of the symptoms I watered with a half dose feed including cal/mag at a half dose. Figured it would be ok as the last 4 waterings have been plain trying to drain the excess N. Thinking I starved her a bit.

Also fed the watermelon zkittles and the shorter peyote both full feeds with cal mag to help curb possible future problems. Have the feeling that any available magnesium or calcium is basically eaten up. Also some of the lower branches are yellowing a bit on the shorter peyote and watermelon. I think this is a mixture of not enough light penetration and low N in the soil.

Ps
Figured I should at least include a couple pics as a reminder and an update to the tent for anyone watching

View attachment 1554886View attachment 1554887View attachment 1554888
View attachment 1554889View attachment 1554890View attachment 1554891View attachment 1554892View attachment 1554893
Last 2 here are a small shake size snip off one of the sugar leaves barely sticking out past the buds around the center of the bud. Wanted to get a clearer picture of the trichomes and just as I thought they have JUST started to cloud while a majority remain clear so there is a WAYS to go, Im gonna say at least 2 more weeks if not 4. This is a weird plant started flowering out super fast then its hit this slow spot. Im guessing its just because the buds just swelling now.
View attachment 1554894
Update. Watermelon zkittles definitely has the start of cal/mag deficiency so Im glad I added it. Brown spots were developing on a very limited number of fan leaves towards the top of the plant. Tbh I think I only saw 2 on the same branch at different nodes. Very miniscule right now. Didnt take pics but will upload one when lights come back on.

With all of this said I am still going to recommend anyone looking to try out photoperiod plants to get a hold of barneys farm peyote critical. By far the least picky photo strain Ive ever had the pleasure to deal with. So excited to see how these 2 beauties flower out. Which reminds me 1 branch on the shorter peyote was completely yellow. It was the very first tertiary branch so to make things easier I snipped the entire branch. It hadnt even developed pistils yet so it was not a loss, that branch got completely stunted somehow. Guessing hydrophic pocket around the roots feeding that branch. No other yellowing on the plant at all.

Update. Watermelon zkittles definitely has the start of cal/mag deficiency so Im glad I added it. Brown spots were developing on a very limited number of fan leaves towards the top of the plant. Tbh I think I only saw 2 on the same branch at different nodes. Very miniscule right now. Didnt take pics but will upload one when lights come back on.

With all of this said I am still going to recommend anyone looking to try out photoperiod plants to get a hold of barneys farm peyote critical. By far the least picky photo strain Ive ever had the pleasure to deal with. So excited to see how these 2 beauties flower out. Which reminds me 1 branch on the shorter peyote was completely yellow. It was the very first tertiary branch so to make things easier I snipped the entire branch. It hadnt even developed pistils yet so it was not a loss, that branch got completely stunted somehow. Guessing hydrophic pocket around the roots feeding that branch. No other yellowing on the plant at all.
20230112_050747.jpg

Heres that leaf on the watermelon with the brown spots developing.

Update
Figured out a way to get nice crystal clear trich pics without much trouble at all.

Solution 12x printing loupe over my 108 mega pixel camera on my phone. Not big enough at normal magnification, but you can zoom in after the pic is taken for crisp pics of a large area of bud surface.

Not too difficult to hold, case puts it at a perfect relief for pics.

Screenshot_20230113_052041_Gallery.jpg

Also at a lower resolution it takes some pretty cool artsy shots too

20230113_051505.jpg
20230113_051250.jpg
20230113_051138.jpg
20230113_051123.jpg

Figured out a way to get nice crystal clear trich pics without much trouble at all.

Solution 12x printing loupe over my 108 mega pixel camera on my phone. Not big enough at normal magnification, but you can zoom in after the pic is taken for crisp pics of a large area of bud surface.

Not too difficult to hold, case puts it at a perfect relief for pics.

View attachment 1555309

Also at a lower resolution it takes some pretty cool artsy shots too

View attachment 1555311View attachment 1555312View attachment 1555313View attachment 1555314
I forgot to ad, since the camera on my phone is much more advanced and can get an image in focus, the image stabilization on the 108 megapixel camera on the s22 ultra is incredible. And since you are optically zooming 12x and the actual camera is fully zoomed out. Its much easier to take a shot and have it come out clear even if you have shakey hands like me.

Tried playing around with zoom on the phone after this but after 2x it cannot focus anymore. You can get a wider field of view if you zoom out to 60% zoom but the tube of the loupe is in the unzoomed pic. And the edges will be stretched a bit around the edges of the loupe lens

Last edited:
Day 29 photo flower (69 on auto)
Haven't made a post in a few days because not much has been happening.

Leaves on the granite have stopped browning any more since the cal/mag feed , took about 4-5 days but the symptoms have basically all but stopped. Now the leaves most effected are yellowing except sugar leaves. Not really concerned as I think this trichomes are going to mature quickly. From 4 days ago the trichomes lower on the main colas have all started to cloud, about 50-60%.

From what I can tell right now After trichomes on a bud start to opaque its about 8-10 days before trichs start ambering but that process is a little slower.

Photos chugging along nice

20230114_052803.jpg

Granite photos
20230114_053041.jpg
20230114_053025.jpg
20230114_052853.jpg
20230114_053012.jpg
20230114_052335.jpg

Here she is as a full plant from all 4 sides
20230114_090401.jpg
20230114_090339.jpg
20230114_090318.jpg
20230114_090248.jpg

Last edited:
Starting up again after my first plant on here full on hermied and pollinated itself

Running 4 this go around

Everythings exactly the same as last time except this time I went with FFHF instead of OF. I did mix the remainders of what I had left in with it though so its about 3 parts HF 1 part OF. Redid the way my exhaust is set up, have the inline fan outside the tent and the filter in. Just wanted some more vertical space.

5 gal pots
3x3x6 ac infinity tent
6" ac infinity inline fan for exhaust with a xl filter.
400w ionboard quantum style led light

Light set 15" from top of pots to help keep them warm while germinating. Exhaust running at about 40% just to keep the air fresh in the tent. View attachment 1535555
Pic is from right after I prepped everything.

1 watermelon zkittles
2 peyote critical
1 granite runtz

Seeds are germinating in the 5 gallon pots.
been looking at Infinity Tent system - please give me your take _ seems that might be the best company out there for tent systems

been looking at Infinity Tent system - please give me your take _ seems that might be the best company out there for tent systems
Idk if I would say the best. Im really interested in the gorilla grow tents because of the height extentions. Thats something ac infinity doesnt offer.

But for what you pay for ac infinity seemed well worth it. I did a bunch of research on tents, vivosun, mars hydro, and spider farmer. Originally I was gonna buy a complete kit. But I knew I wanted to possibly expand in the future and ac just seems to have the easiest user interface, along with functionality. So I purchased a 3x3 tent, with a 6in exhaust and filter, and a 4x4 light. So when I upgrade I can buy a cheaper light and exhaust system for the 3x3 and just by the tent for the 4x4. Plus the added par values of running the oversized light helps keep power consumption down during veg and early flower. The ac 3x3 kit comes with a 4" exhaust and filter

Since Im running everything I'll break it down by component starting with the tent

3x3x6 is what I have. I know they say their tent poles are yadda% thicker or whatever. But they are like the standard hollow tubes with spring loaded pins to keep everything together. They are sturdy though, I pulled my tent with plants in it all over the basement amd I never felt like it was gonna break. Reflective walls are just about as good as they get with the material all companies use so theres nothing to complain about there. As far as my first tent I could not be happier. Mine isnt the newest though the newer had a side door. Thats the only thing I wish I had for ease of access during defoliation and watering

The light I will admit I was iffy about. Its their 400w 4x4 version and were relatively new to the lighting scene. I went with it anyway cuz I wanted it to eork with everything and the stats were a little better than most lights in its range and you can see the results for yourself

The exhaust fan is great too I upgraded from the reccomended 4 to the 6 inch for my set up just cuz I wanted to run quieter at lower powers. My tent as full as it is has never gone above 60% power. Nothing more to say about this. Its definitely serving is purpose.

Filters are gonna be a toss up they are well made and any filter you choose will work as long as you're operating in its specifications.

6" clip fan is great as well. Like all ac electronics it can be plugged into their controller for even more control options than manual use. Moves a lot of air at full speed

The controller 69 is what makes ac infinity shine in my opinion. Their individual products are good, above average actually but when paired with the controller 69, either Bluetooth or wifi version makes everything 10fold better. Im not kidding either, you can run individual programs for each of the 4 possible connected devices. Set things to either ramp up or ramp down when conditions aren't favorable in the tent depending on the needs, including the light (controlled by temp/humidity thresholds). Also gives you graphs on temp, humidity and vpd conditions with readings taken once every 15 seconds. Honestly its the best complete kit you can buy in my opinion for the money spent in my opinion. You get everything you need to grow including 5-5gal grow bags.

Last edited:
Update
Probably should have taken pics.

I think during the bit of defoliation I did on the watermelon shocked the hell out of an entire branch. It was one of the first ones and frankly I took 2 fan leaves off that branch and that was it.

3 hours after the branch was in DIRE straights. From the top all the way down to the last node drooping straight down, leaf tips so dry they looked like they had physically burned to almost ash. Idk what happened but to be safe I cleaned my shears and chopped the whole branch. Disappointed. I probably only took 9 large fan leaves off and a couple auxiliary branch shoots that just didnt stretch enough to get adequate light. None of those were on this branch.

The loss of this branch was not a big deal as it didnt make it to the top of the canopy and was starting to fade already, which is probably why it was so quickly effected by whatever it was today.

Last edited:
Probably should have taken pics.

I think during the bit of defoliation I did on the watermelon shocked the hell out of an entire branch. It was one of the first ones and frankly I took 2 fan leaves off that branch and that was it.

3 hours after the branch was in DIRE straights. From the top all the way down to the last node drooping straight down, leaf tips so dry they looked like they had physically burned to almost ash. Idk what happened but to be safe I cleaned my shears and chopped the whole branch. Disappointed. I probably only took 9 large fan leaves off and a couple auxiliary branch shoots that just didnt stretch enough to get adequate light. None of those were on this branch.
Looked up symptoms and it appears the most likely cause is root rot or pythium which is a type of fast killing root rot fungus. So I guess I have to figure out how to deal with that. Just gonna let my pot dry out really well and look up fungicides for that.

Back