New Grower SPZ's Mephisto Triple Automatic Redux

Day 45

Quick update, I had to add a bit to the reservoir this morning as it was almost empty. I added another 10 liters of solution this time with one ml/L grow nutrients, 1.25 ml/L calmag and .5 ml/L B-52. The vertical growth is accelerating, I think it's the first time I've ever seen plants grow. They grew two inches in 26 hours!

Lol, looks like the cob is a few inches above the plant but it's far away in the background
View attachment 801011

You can hardly see her back there but even and nch1 got in on the stretching
View attachment 801012
Full tent is looking fantastic. you got it zoned in @SPZ

Day 48

Mini update. I found there were little floaty things in the reservoir yesterday. It was almost empty so I just changed it out and cleaned it thoroughly. I've read you are not supposed to dump spent nutrients down the drain as it can mess with your septic system, so I sprinkle them in the garden. Glad I live somewhere that is not an issue.

Still seeing vertical growth so I filled with 20L of 1ml/L AN grow, 1.25ml/L calmag and .5ml/L B52. I've noticed some of the supplementals like B52 and Big Buds also have a fair amoun of NPK which I think is why I had the nute burn before. I am dialing back the base nutes correspondingly when I use those now. The plants are still growing vertically at an alarming rate.

NCH 4 may hit 90cm yet! Girls look a little droopy in these pics cause its right before lights out.
IMG_20170909_111356055.jpg

I'm doing nothing and the side branches literally bust right through the canopy, one of the traits of the strain.
IMG_20170909_111133028.jpg

I started another experiment. This time I've got an airstone in the res. I will measure the pH drift and graph the results. So far the initial pH was 6.0 and day one is 6.2 so it doesn't look like it makes a big difference. I like this solution because it aerates the water while it keeps the nutes mixed. Plus it doesn't use extra watts since I was already running the pump for the airdomes, I just put a splitter on.
IMG_20170909_111509788.jpg

Day 48

Mini update. I found there were little floaty things in the reservoir yesterday. It was almost empty so I just changed it out and cleaned it thoroughly. I've read you are not supposed to dump spent nutrients down the drain as it can mess with your septic system, so I sprinkle them in the garden. Glad I live somewhere that is not an issue.

Still seeing vertical growth so I filled with 20L of 1ml/L AN grow, 1.25ml/L calmag and .5ml/L B52. I've noticed some of the supplementals like B52 and Big Buds also have a fair amoun of NPK which I think is why I had the nute burn before. I am dialing back the base nutes correspondingly when I use those now. The plants are still growing vertically at an alarming rate.

NCH 4 may hit 90cm yet! Girls look a little droopy in these pics cause its right before lights out.
View attachment 802021

I'm doing nothing and the side branches literally bust right through the canopy, one of the traits of the strain.
View attachment 802020

I started another experiment. This time I've got an airstone in the res. I will measure the pH drift and graph the results. So far the initial pH was 6.0 and day one is 6.2 so it doesn't look like it makes a big difference. I like this solution because it aerates the water while it keeps the nutes mixed. Plus it doesn't use extra watts since I was already running the pump for the airdomes, I just put a splitter on.
View attachment 802022

"Plants are growing at an alarming rate"...Have you just measured the PPM when you just add your Cal/Mag in a liter of water?

Here is also old time for you. I find it relaxing. Especially when the girls get little droopy...................... Oh All is looking great in a FULL TENT........

"Plants are growing at an alarming rate"...Have you just measured the PPM when you just add your Cal/Mag in a liter of water?

Here is also old time for you. I find it relaxing. Especially when the girls get little droopy...................... Oh All is looking great in a FULL TENT........

I have not used the EC/PPM meter much since I tested my tap water initially. Thanks for mentioning it because I should be testing more if only to learn what PPM's work and what is too much. Are you using the PPM 500 or PPM 700 mode?

I just topped off my reservoir with 10liters of the same solution but with the cal-mag bumped up to 2 ml/L and I tested the reservoir at an EC of 1.8. That's pretty high but I also have some big plants that are getting hungry! I noticed what I think is cal-mag deficiency on one plant which is why I bumped up the cal-mag level.

From what I've read both LED's and coco require extra cal-mag so it's no wonder Hans get up to 2.5 times bottle strength!!!
IMG_20170911_074529935.jpg

I also pulled the airstone out of the res, it was causing the pH to go crazy, here's the updated graph.

chart.png

You can see the airstone really caused the pH to climb vs the submersible pump.

I also pulled the airstone out of the res, it was causing the pH to go crazy, here's the updated graph.

View attachment 802845
You can see the airstone really caused the pH to climb vs the submersible pump.
Great to confirm what you read. Great effort, as always

I have not used the EC/PPM meter much since I tested my tap water initially. Thanks for mentioning it because I should be testing more if only to learn what PPM's work and what is too much. Are you using the PPM 500 or PPM 700 mode?

I just topped off my reservoir with 10liters of the same solution but with the cal-mag bumped up to 2 ml/L and I tested the reservoir at an EC of 1.8. That's pretty high but I also have some big plants that are getting hungry! I noticed what I think is cal-mag deficiency on one plant which is why I bumped up the cal-mag level.

From what I've read both LED's and coco require extra cal-mag so it's no wonder Hans get up to 2.5 times bottle strength!!!
View attachment 802844

Are you using the PPM 500 or PPM 700 mode? Not sure what you mean. I am not using the EC scale, that I know. Is there something else I was able to screw up HA HA.I just thought my Cal/Mag was putting a lot of PPM into the mix. I understand that I may need more of it. As you said COCO and LED needs more of it. But it does raise the PPM to higher levels. So I was wondering what the PPM is after you just add the Cal/MAg.
for me here is what I get:
Grotech CAL-MAX 2-0-0) @1ML/L in a liter the PH remains the same @5.8. The PPM rises to 250. Remember I am starting off a ZERO PPM with my tap water. Enjoy them. :cools:

Great to confirm what you read. Great effort, as always

I'm a believe it when I see it kind of guy. I may do a re-run of this test with a higher concentration of pH perfect because I think that also influences the results, but not with these girls!

Back