Mephisto Genetics Sour Crack and a bubble bucket....go for hydro!

I love it man, Congrats my friend :worship:

Hey Hotbunz, was curious what air stone you are running.

Hey Hotbunz, was curious what air stone you are running.

Nothing special ...just a basic 4" cylinder air stone. I am using the HTG Supply Bubble Boy single bucket top. It has the 6" net pot built in to the lid like some others do. The trick with this lid is that the net pot has a channel that comes up from the bottom of the pot. You place your rooting plug on the top of this channel and pretty much once the tap root is out of the plug in is already getting misted on from the bubbles in the bucket and doesn't have to stress while it finds it's way through the hydro stone. I think it made my life easier too as I only top fed for a couple of days at most. Seems I see a number of new hydro guys drowning seedlings by to much top feeding at the start. What I did was I cut the pot mesh away from the area directly under the root plug as well. So basically there is a 1" hole straight into the bucket for the tap root to go through.

Nothing special ...just a basic 4" cylinder air stone. I am using the HTG Supply Bubble Boy single bucket top. It has the 6" net pot built in to the lid like some others do. The trick with this lid is that the net pot has a channel that comes up from the bottom of the pot. You place your rooting plug on the top of this channel and pretty much once the tap root is out of the plug in is already getting misted on from the bubbles in the bucket and doesn't have to stress while it finds it's way through the hydro stone. I think it made my life easier too as I only top fed for a couple of days at most. Seems I see a number of new hydro guys drowning seedlings by to much top feeding at the start. What I did was I cut the pot mesh away from the area directly under the root plug as well. So basically there is a 1" hole straight into the bucket for the tap root to go through.
Hey @HotBunz , is the lid you are using the HTG Rhizocore net pot lid? It looks like what you were describing. And I think you are correct as far as being a much better design.

Hey @HotBunz , is the lid you are using the HTG Rhizocore net pot lid? It looks like what you were describing. And I think you are correct as far as being a much better design.

Yes sir that is it! Didn't realize it had a fancy name. So what I do is cut the mesh out of the top of the cone and set the root cube in it. You end up with a massive 1" thick tap root straight down. I feel a strong tap root is important with autoflowering plants and this design allows that to happen.

Bloody awesum grow hotbunz!
What light did you have over this? An I done sour crack before an the guy told me it was the best smoke he has had in a long time!
Impressive indeed

Yes sir that is it! Didn't realize it had a fancy name. So what I do is cut the mesh out of the top of the cone and set the root cube in it. You end up with a massive 1" thick tap root straight down. I feel a strong tap root is important with autoflowering plants and this design allows that to happen.
I agree brother. I am going to pick up a few of these and try them with my next DWC grow.

Bloody awesum grow hotbunz!
What light did you have over this? An I done sour crack before an the guy told me it was the best smoke he has had in a long time!
Impressive indeed

I had a MarsHydro 300w old model over the top of her. There was also a second Mars 300w old model in the cabinet with her though it was not directly on her. I also noticed toward the end of the grow that the second light had a number of blown diodes in it! Neither light is a year old yet! But hey for $75 they get the job done for the most part!

Back