New Grower Slow journey to my first grow... sorta.

Sunday night I soaked my seeds for 12 hours. Monday morning I put them in peat pellets. Today is Tuesday and I finally hooked up my inline fan, carbon filter, humidifier, and a small circulation fan. I should know by tomorrow if I need to make any environmental changes...
PXL_20220104_222421188.jpg
PXL_20220103_150459790.jpg
PXL_20220103_150501973.jpg

Well last night the strawberry Nuggets we're up... This morning the sour stompers are up along with 1 of the northern Cheese Haze... Just waiting on the other NCH and the 4AM to break the surface. Normally I think everything should have broken through by now but I couldn't find my heating pad and humidity dome. I ordered a new pad and put it under the seeds a day or two ago.
PXL_20220109_195437987.jpg
PXL_20220109_195441252.jpg
PXL_20220109_195443429.jpg
PXL_20220109_195745841.jpg

I've really enjoyed your progress so far and look forward to the harvest pictures!
No Critical Orange Punch?
Congrats on the new life.

I've really enjoyed your progress so far and look forward to the harvest pictures!
No Critical Orange Punch?
Congrats on the new life.
No, I really wanted to run a couple of them but the COP should get pretty big and after careful consideration I decided to run plants that should all be close to the same size instead of plants that have completely different advertised growth characteristics. Maybe on the next run though. I have some Dutch Passion strains... Glueberry OG, White Widow, Banana Blaze, and obviously Critical Orange Punch. Maybe since I'm doing a Mephisto run now, I could do a Dutch Passion run next. I'm really looking forward to the spring autoflower challenge. Also, curb your expectations for my grow. My last grow was very disappointing for me. I am hoping for a big improvement this run however. I'll have complete control and access to this grow.

Hey, I'm totally new to this. I am living vicariously through your grow. So, you just HAVE to succeed....
I have some COP and Northern Cheese Haze seeds as well. Great minds?
I also have Cinderella Jack and Blueberry autos from DP as well. And meph freebies.
So I am particularly interested in the NCH in your mix.
I think you are right about the COP though. It might be huge.
GL and I'll be following. You are doing great work so far!

So as of today I can see the 4AM has split and germinated... But it still isn't popped through the soil surface. 1 of the NCH have done the same... And the 1 that did break through I had to pull the shell off the leaves. It still hasn't opened up. I'll give them a couple more days and if they don't pop by then I'll plant 3 more seeds. I now have a proper germinating tray and dome... With heating pad. I think I'll have better luck. This is the first time I have had trouble germing seeds and I didn't really do it the way I normally do. So I'm sure that played a part in my poor success. I did NCH outdoors another year and so far I'm not having luck with this strain. The last one I planted was a runt, I had to pull the shell off the leaves... It started flowering super fast and really never staked any flower... And it was full of immature seeds. So this was going to be it's chance the redeem itself and so far it's letting me down.

So I just checked on the kids... The NCH that had popped but wasn't spreading its leaves is now sprouting it's first set of true leaves. Also overnight the 4AM popped through the soil and is already showing it's first true set of leaves. The SN & SS all looking good so far. Small but good.
I have been worried about the humidity levels only being in the low 40's. So I ordered a new, bigger & better humidifier. I think it alone will get me to the 60-70% I am looking for. If not I will run both humidifiers until I am happy... Hopefully once the plants get a little bigger they will create their own humidity. I have 2 big dehumidifiers I can run later if the humidity gets too high. If the last NCH doesn't break the surface by tomorrow, I will plant another one... Or at least another seed, maybe not NCH. I have several other strains and breeders to choose from.

Ok so no news today on the last NCH so I am working on popping another NCH. I wanted to give this strain a solid chance to redeem itself. I'm going to call the failure to germinate my mistake for not having the heat pad and humidity dome.

I definitely want to run autos if I can make them work for me. However I have recently received a couple seed orders with mostly photoperiod fems seeds. I ordered Humboldt Seed Company Nutter Butter, and Vanilla Cream Pie and got a few Pistachio freebies. I ordered Alien Rock Candy, Chemdawg and Jelly Bean from Greybeard Seeds and got some fems freebies. I can't remember the strain. I also ordered Royal Queen Seeds Wedding Gelato, Skunk XL, and Green Crack Punch photos and a pack of Fastbuds Original Blueberry. I am super excited to grow some of these strains. I feel confident I can make photos work. They are more forgiving to a newer grower.

Back