New Grower Slow journey to my first grow... sorta.

PXL_20211124_210052862.jpg

So I am stopping at Home Depot on my way home tonight and picking up some paint for the grow room. Hoping to be popping beans by next Friday. I am however considering waiting until the week of Christmas to pop beans. I will be going away for a few days on the 17th. I hate to leave plants alone if they are in that young 1-2 week old phase.

I mixed up 6 gallons of potting mix for my grow... I used 2 gallons of Canna Coco, 1 gallon of worm castings, 1 gallon of lobster compost, 1 gallon of rice hulls, and 1 gallon of vermiculite. Also added 8 tablespoons of down to earth biolive and 4 tablespoons of fox farms fruit & flower.

The seeds for the first grow have also been chosen. 2 Rhino Ryders, 2 Strawberry Nuggets and 1 Northern Cheese Haze

Ok so I've been so busy lately things fell behind a little. Tomorrow I am painting the walls in the "grow room", putting the tent together and setting everything up. Then I can run it for 24 hours to see what my current environment will be like. This way I have a day or 2 to make adjustments if I need to. I ended up changing my soil recipe. I switched out the vermiculite and replaced it with pumice. That's all I changed. We are going with 5 gallon grassroots grow bags. I am already making plans for the spring autoflower challenge. I have ordered some earthboxes for that grow. There is a good chance I will become an earthbox grower. If I move away from the earthboxes it will probably be for a larger raised bed/ living soil setup.

Well done on the grow room.
:headbang:

And welcome to the future earthbox adventure.

That is some serious progress :toke:.

That is some serious progress :toke:.
Thanks! I'm worried about maintaining a stable environment but I'm going to try to dial it in at first and hope for the best. I may have to hook up a dehumidifier or a humidifier at some point... The temps are a big unknown. I can put a small space heater in the room but if the temps go higher than low 80's I don't have any real way of running ac to the room... I might have to attempt to hook up an air intake fan somehow

Back