New Grower Slow journey to my first grow... sorta.

Your plan is great man ! I can already see the magic going in here. Keep us updated and have fun !

Your plan is great man ! I can already see the magic going in here. Keep us updated and have fun !
I don't know how much magic will be going on. I don't have a ton of experience growing marijuana. I've had some successful outdoor runs and lately due to weather and pests some unsuccessful runs. Usually in the form of bud rot due to weather or snails and slugs destroying my young outdoor autos.
I also don't have a ton of experience with autos... But I am well researched and did have a "learning experience" grow indoors a couple of years ago. I didn't have full control over that grow but I learned from it.

We will give it 1 hell of a shot though. I still have a hard time deciding what to try growing first. Do I. Try and grow a few plants at first and then start a perpetual grow... Or do I just start with the perpetual grow...

I'd go with perpetual bro if it's just for yourself start 2 at a time in 4 wk intervals so once you start cropping you got something comes down roughly ev 4 wk (in theory lol) as for strains it comes down to lighting really with autos if you've got decent led I wouldn't worry to much about having a completely level canopy as you will be best working on DLI as opposed to ppfd and with enough led you will be able to keep ya lights high up enough to cover the height most autos reach, its nice to have a choice of jars at the end of the day

I'd go with perpetual bro if it's just for yourself start 2 at a time in 4 wk intervals so once you start cropping you got something comes down roughly ev 4 wk (in theory lol) as for strains it comes down to lighting really with autos if you've got decent led I wouldn't worry to much about having a completely level canopy as you will be best working on DLI as opposed to ppfd and with enough led you will be able to keep ya lights high up enough to cover the height most autos reach, its nice to have a choice of jars at the end of the day
IMG_20190916_142210.jpg

ROI-E680 I haven't used it yet but I have had it in waiting for a couple of years now. It should be perfect for a 4x4. In fact I believe Mr. Canuck used it for a grow in a 5x5. I think I am going to do 3 plants to start... Then I will decide what I am doing. I know at some point I want to make my own fem seeds. Just so I don't have to buy more... I also have several strains of reg autos that are high quality. I'd like to make some seeds using those strains also. For that I will likely be using a 4x4 and 2x4 tent so I can run as many plants and get as many seeds as possible. Yes it's really just for me and almost just for fun because I can only smoke a handful of times each year due to my job. However I have friends that can smoke whenever they want and they will benefit from my grows also. I believe we will start the ball rolling with a strawberry nuggets, a rhino ryder, and a seed I pulled from a mephisto freebie I harvested a while back. I pulled 3 or 4 mature seeds from 1 plant. I'm not sure what happened. There were only 3 or 4 seeds and they were mature. There were no immature seeds.

So I still have a door, door header, and a couple of pieces of drywall to install. That will get finished up tomorrow night. Since this is just a storage room I don't think I will completely finish the walls inside... But I did want to clean up a few seams in the drywall and I'll probably paint the walls white.
PXL_20211114_052413569.jpg
PXL_20211114_052427339.jpg
PXL_20211114_052420014.jpg

I have to stop at the ol Home Depot and get a couple sanding sponges...and some paint. I was going to paint the room white but now I'm thinking a tan color will be better and an antique white for the doors and any trim.

Back