New Grower Slow journey to my first grow... sorta.

me LUV rhino ryder! :headbang: jus sayin & carry on plz....:smoking: ppp
I feel pretty good about the strains I've chosen for my trial run. I grew some RQS strains outdoors a few years ago with some success. It was a very wet grow season. This will be a good way to get another grow under my belt. If this grow goes well, my next grow will be a seed breeding run most likely with Strawberry Nuggets and a few other strains. I'd like to join the Spring autoflower grow on Coco for cannabis... even if I'm not really a coco grower. I'll have coco in the soil mix. I just decided to start this journal on a wim... I'm at work. I'll get more pics tonight of the soon to be grow space.

Last edited:
Sounds like it's gonna be a great set-up. Just in time too, I just ran out of netflix shows to watch:pop::pop::pop:
Well I really just need some more 2x4s, and a door for the grow room. And I'm going to order a 6" inline fan & filter. I have a lot going on right now. If I can start up before December I will... but I want a deadline I know I can meet.

Ok so it was suggested to me I should try to find strains that would all be close to the same height... I plan to use LST but this still makes sense... so I have decided to replace the Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Latte with Sweet Seeds Sweet Gelato & Dinafem Critical 2.0

I grow 6 plants in a 4x6x8 space and it gets cramped.

I finally got a place to live where I don't have to worry about landlords or room mates. I have a grow or 2 under my belt indoors but they were at a friend's house under less than ideal conditions. So I am in the "slow" process of building a grow area and starting my first legit indoor grow. I will give everyone updates as my grow space and everything will more than likely evolve over time. I will include pics of the grow space build and everything. For now I can include a pic with most of my potting soil and dry ammendments. I have 4 bags of lobster compost that are not here in the picture. View attachment 1365265
Your not planning on mixing all of that together are you? I would reconsider. I have seen too many problems in the infirmary with coco peat mixes!

I grow 6 plants in a 4x6x8 space and it gets cramped.

Your not planning on mixing all of that together are you? I would reconsider. I have seen too many problems in the infirmary with coco peat mixes!
Lol, no I'm not mixing that all together. There will likely be some trial and error. But for my first run I am thinking I will mix the ocean forest with the happy frog. That should keep them happy for a few weeks. Then I can ammend by top dressing. Dinafem does actually recommend adding 30% coco to your potting mix for aeration. Actually I'd kind of like to try a potting soil recipe I've been thinking about for a while. Maybe on the next grow. I just want to keep this first run very simple.

Lol, no I'm not mixing that all together. There will likely be some trial and error. But for my first run I am thinking I will mix the ocean forest with the happy frog. That should keep them happy for a few weeks. Then I can ammend by top dressing. Dinafem does actually recommend adding 30% coco to your potting mix for aeration. Actually I'd kind of like to try a potting soil recipe I've been thinking about for a while. Maybe on the next grow. I just want to keep this first run very simple.
:whew: The FFOF and FFHF blended well will still be too hot for germination. Make a small 2 inch sized divot of seed starter to germinate the seed in. Then you will need to start feeding about the third or fourth week. Do not use cal-mag unless you are running RO water and then only 50 PPM. The FF soils have plenty of Dolomite lime to carry you through the grow.

I reiterate that peat and coco mixes are problematic.

:whew: The FFOF and FFHF blended well will still be too hot for germination. Make a small 2 inch sized divot of seed starter to germinate the seed in. Then you will need to start feeding about the third or fourth week. Do not use cal-mag unless you are running RO water and then only 50 PPM. The FF soils have plenty of Dolomite lime to carry you through the grow.

Thank you for the info!! I always start my seeds in large peat pellets in a humidity dome with a heating mat. This helps me maintain about 99.7% germination rate. I transplant into the main pot a couple days after the seed breaks the surface. I won't be using ro water. I have well water that ph's about 7.2. I probably don't need to but I will use citric acid to bring that down closer to 6.5.

I did think about possibly mixing a couple tablespoons of Dr earth flower girl or happy frog fruit & flower into the bottom 1/3 of the pot so there would be some bloom boosters available around week 4 when they should start flowering...

Back