Up Date from the Garden

Zombie Kush by Ripper seeds

We are now into week 4 of flower and starting to stack up... they took a leaf strip (not huge) at end of week 2 but I'm not sure they truly liked it. They sulked for most of the week but carried on growing. I had to do another small leaf strip at start of week 3 because they started to choke them selves by creating a carpet of leaves. Was a little worried they would then get real pissy with me but shocked to see they loved it. Next day perked up loads and kinda saying thanks for giving them some breathing room... I do think some strains appreciate the leaf strip when they are super bushy.

What can I say about the HLG Quantum Boards... Flipping Amazing... there is growth to girls that I have not seen with my cob fixtures. It difficult to describe but I just know by the look of them they are gonna kill it... and I've just order another 3 boards to add to my cob fixtures...help, I have problem

View attachment 892407

View attachment 892408

View attachment 892409

thanks for stopping by

View attachment 892410
everything is looking good mate week two is a bit early to defoil for my liking in flower week 4 seems to be a nice point to go in and remove any light blocking fans thats how i do it anyways any of the zombies looking like they going color up ?
:pass:

everything is looking good mate week two is a bit early to defoil for my liking in flower week 4 seems to be a nice point to go in and remove any light blocking fans thats how i do it anyways any of the zombies looking like they going color up ?
:pass:

no colour just yet, no 1 and 4 are stacking the best with no 1 frosting up already. She is looking like the hard hitter of the bunch... I'm finding the leaf strip at 2 weeks best for me (maybe not some of the plants ;) ) at the moment because its so much easy to get the netting on after. Also they are still soft enough to bend and tie down to the netting creating a better even canopy. Still playing around with it strain to strain but I think the zombie might prefer the 3 week mark. I was conservative with the Alien Rifts and just took a few of large water leaves.

no colour just yet, no 1 and 4 are stacking the best with no 1 frosting up already. She is looking like the hard hitter of the bunch... I'm finding the leaf strip at 2 weeks best for me (maybe not some of the plants ;) ) at the moment because its so much easy to get the netting on after. Also they are still soft enough to bend and tie down to the netting creating a better even canopy. Still playing around with it strain to strain but I think the zombie might prefer the 3 week mark. I was conservative with the Alien Rifts and just took a few of large water leaves.
how far into flower do you start to net like let them get a bit of stretch going then scrog them or is it from day 1 of flower and weave them as they stretch

this is the issue I'm having with my set up, got the scrog down and its working well but I'm finding I'm creating a carpet of bud and leaves that's not letting the light through. So any thing below the net is just larf, I feel I'm loosing quite a bit (great for the hash so not complaining to much). I'm lowering the net height by few inches on the Alien Rift and letting them grow into it this time and tie them down as they get wild... (update) I stared writing this last night, had one to many dabs, got too stoned and forgot I was doing it. So got some pics to show now

I got 6 girls out of the 12 in the end, couldn't ask for a better ratio... this time round I feel the light penetration is better, we shall see in week or 2. Got a real good feeling about these lady's... you can't really see but I don't think I could have co2 bags hanging. The lighting array is just to big but i could fit them on the floor.

View attachment 892400

on the far left you can see some maple sherbet x pre 98 skunk filling in the gaps

View attachment 892401
you can still hang them above the light that lighting will allow that co2 to drop through... The reason it Needs to be up high, is because it will drop an invisible gas, co2 bags and tanks both work very similar, co2 will drop... Burner works differently, co2 produced from a burner will just stay up high without dropping, so you need a fan to help push it down, with co2 bags or tanks you need the fan down very low, blowing upwards to it's not all below the plants... If that makes since?

Last edited:
how far into flower do you start to net like let them get a bit of stretch going then scrog them or is it from day 1 of flower and weave them as they stretch

The new system which i stared with the zombie's... veg with no netting waiting until they get just over half way (about 2/3) to the net height and then flip them.
At day 14 / 15 I take them out the tent for the leaf strip...I do some lolloping but I'm still on the fence seen as I like my hash making...also this could be whats making the carpet of leaves, maybe I need to do some more. I'm just not sure about it yet.
I then put them back in putting the netting down and using that double sided velco tape (good old vadar, that has to be one of the best hacks from his channel) to tight down the stretcher branches.
I feel its worked better with alien rift seen I vegged for shorter time.

I was letting them grow into a scrog then flower but I just couldn't get into the tent that well to remove the leaves for strip. This way round is working better now

The new system which i stared with the zombie's... veg with no netting waiting until they get just over half way (about 2/3) to the net height and then flip them.
At day 14 / 15 I take them out the tent for the leaf strip...I do some lolloping but I'm still on the fence seen as I like my hash making...also this could be whats making the carpet of leaves, maybe I need to do some more. I'm just not sure about it yet.
I then put them back in putting the netting down and using that double sided velco tape (good old vadar, that has to be one of the best hacks from his channel) to tight down the stretcher branches.
I feel its worked better with alien rift seen I vegged for shorter time.

I was letting them grow into a scrog then flower but I just couldn't get into the tent that well to remove the leaves for strip. This way round is working better now
I will be running a photo plant around late August I plant to start... I will be doing Tangie Ghost Train.. I will be S1-ing that also(to have beans to work with & to keep photo strain around) and I plan to also make fully auto too..Not sure if you ever heard of this strain, I was gifted this.. Check it out!

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Tangie_Ghost_Train/Little_Chief_Collabs_Seeds/

you can still hang them above the light that lighting will allow that co2 to drop through... The reason it Needs to be up high, is because it will drop an invisible gas, co2 bags and tanks both work very similar, co2 will drop... Burner works differently, co2 produced from a burner will just stay up high with dropping, so you need a fan to help push it down, with co2 bags or tanks you need the fan down very low, blowing upwards to it's not all below the plants... If that makes since?

Ha ha unless they make them credit card thin those cobs are only few inches away from the top of my tent. I do have a very restrictive growing space, my tent is only 150cm high. I understand that they have to be high up as co2 is heaver than o2 but If was to hook up fans to blow the co 2 upwards, do you think that would work... we just might have to experiment with that. I did see a hydro shop in the UK suggest it on youtube, that's where I got the idea from.

Ha ha unless they make them credit card thin those cobs are only few inches away from the top of my tent. I do have a very restrictive growing space, my tent is only 150cm high. I understand that they have to be high up as co2 is heaver than o2 but If was to hook up fans to blow the co 2 upwards, do you think that would work... we just might have to experiment with that. I did see a hydro shop in the UK suggest it on youtube, that's where I got the idea from.
I guess ya can try??? that I honestly couldn't tell ya one way or the other, I never tried that.. I suppose it can be possible, as long as your able keep above the plant pots maybe in corners hanging slightly below light? ohh wow, I had do conversion I didn't know ya only had like 39.37inches of ceiling height... I used to be in sorta a restricted area like that before...I feel like I'm in one now...even thought I have 8ft ceiling, my light all the way to top and one of my plants growing right past the light lmao.. the Tree already 65+" I'm thinking will finish around 70" maybe slightly more.... and I'm thinking at-least 1lb... which would be my 1st 1lb per plant(for Auto), I've come so close many times, this time I should actually hit that....

which would be my 1st 1lb per plant(for Auto), I've come so close many times, this time I should actually hit that....

I'm missing that about auto's the most, the how big can you get them. Photo' are so more controlled... man I'm going to have do an auto run under the Quantum boards soon. That space can fit a good size auto in, still got to pop my dutch passion auto cherry

I will be running a photo plant around late August I plant to start... I will be doing Tangie Ghost Train.. I will be S1-ing that also(to have beans to work with & to keep photo strain around) and I plan to also make fully auto too..Not sure if you ever heard of this strain, I was gifted this.. Check it out!

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Tangie_Ghost_Train/Little_Chief_Collabs_Seeds/

that looks really interesting, not grown a tangie strain yet. One of my maple sherbet pheno's has a orange smell to it.
Is it the original cut you've been gifted ?

Back