Yeah I love discussions about co2/sealed rooms... etc.. Thanks for inviting me into your thread!

again thank you Unique for coming over and bringing your co2 knowledge with you. Its a subject I'm not hot on but looking forward to working it out and trying my hand...

So you are running a separate tent for your burner (great idea that) and placing bags in the tent (I kinda thought those bags worked, the science on them is sound). I'm guess you are using fans to move the co2 from the other tent... I'm just trying to picture this as you have got me thinking on my future set up.
I don't think a seal tent is possible for me at this stage but maybe the bags could be a great idea for the summer, they could be the thing I'm after, I do battle quite high temps...that being said better make sure its not a stretch strain as I'm height restricted

again thank you Unique for coming over and bringing your co2 knowledge with you. Its a subject I'm not hot on but looking forward to working it out and trying my hand...

So you are running a separate tent for your burner (great idea that) and placing bags in the tent (I kinda thought those bags worked, the science on them is sound). I'm guess you are using fans to move the co2 from the other tent... I'm just trying to picture this as you have got me thinking on my future set up.
I don't think a seal tent is possible for me at this stage but maybe the bags could be a great idea for the summer, they could be the thing I'm after, I do battle quite high temps...that being said better make sure its not a stretch strain as I'm height restricted
I don't use both burner & bags... I don't have a controller for my burner, so that I can only run manually Until I'm able get a controller to run it safely...The bags work really well, In sealed tent with 4 monster plants, if there was lack of co2 the plants would surely be showing it..I like burner over tanks for several reasons, it's easy get propane tanks in & out without drawing any attention to yourself, since most of my growing is done in fall & winter months, a burner helps keep temps where I need them to be...

also, you can consider scrogs.. I think it's time for me go back to scrogs, with photo plants I always done scrogs because of the massive size they get...I will give auto's a try under scrog... I've had some really impressive scrogs in the past...True scrogs, weaved in & out of netting.. About co2 burner in separate box, I didn't want to restrict my tent space..so I decided to put in a 4x2x5 box I built... I have ducting on that I can feed two tents.. using just the one burner... I have each with it's own 3in in-line fan to both tents... I like that I can run burner for couple mins before turning on in-line fans to pull to where-ever it's going too, It gives time for box build with high level of co2, so once in-line fan comes on there is instant co2 , no waiting several mins...I hope ya can picture in your head how I have this setup? tent -co2 box- tent....oh thanks again for inviting me :)

Last edited:
also, you can consider scrogs.. I think it's time for me go back to scrogs, with photo plants I always done scrogs because of the massive size they get...I will give auto's a try under scrog... I've had some really impressive scrogs in the past...True scrogs, weaved in & out of netting.. About co2 burner in separate box, I didn't want to restrict my tent space..so I decided to put in a 4x2x5 box I built... I have ducting on that I can feed two tents.. using just the one burner... I have each with it's own 3in in-line fan to both tents... I like that I can run burner for couple mins before turning on in-line fans to pull to where-ever it's going too, It gives time for box build with high level of co2, so once in-line fan comes on there is instant co2 , no waiting several mins...I hope ya can picture in your head how I have this setup? tent -co2 box- tent....oh thanks again for inviting me :)

I'm all over the scroging technique, it the only way to go in my set up... photo's are easy in a scrog but i found it hit or miss with auto's. Had a couple runs go really well but I found getting an even canopy hard due to pheno types often having a different stretch size. I'm finding photo's to be much more regular in size to each other...most of the time.

That's and awesome idea with the co2 set up, you got me thinking now... when you use the bags are you hanging them or placing by the pots?

I'm all over the scroging technique, it the only way to go in my set up... photo's are easy in a scrog but i found it hit or miss with auto's. Had a couple runs go really well but I found getting an even canopy hard due to pheno types often having a different stretch size. I'm finding photo's to be much more regular in size to each other...most of the time.

That's and awesome idea with the co2 set up, you got me thinking now... when you use the bags are you hanging them or placing by the pots?
I hang my bags up as high as I can get them.. .. I think your able see somewhat, how I have in this pic..sorry it's not the best pic.. the bag on right side is the oldest one, there is another right next to that one that your unable to see in this photo, then you can see the other two I have..
IMG_6124.JPG

you know, that is the main reason I haven't tried scrogs with auto's for that same reason you won't/don't.... I maybe doing autopot testing, so If I do.. I'm somehow need find the space... my plants get rather massive in just regular 3gal nursery pots...the Royal Jack you see in my tent is 63"-64" tall... And I didn't even fill the pot with coco, it's only a little over half and little under 3/4 filled...it's very very hard to impossible to get a single light to penetrate 60+" ... I been doing lux readings and in some places under 100 LUX , under that Jack, in place it's even under 80 Lux... approx 32" below canopy is when I'm starting to see the biggest drop off in lux... Top of amnesia I'm getting Lux around 8970.. I'm kinda in a bind and just not sure what I should do about it... During this light test i'm not suppose to use supplemental lighting, but I can see the lowers are going to suffer without... I really tried hard to keep these plants all under 40" I was doing so well, not sure what went wrong... but these gotten way-way bigger then I ever wanted them to get for this light test...I even have 2-9w led just to provide some extra light, because the lux readings are so low in places...

**update* I decided to just take 2 plants out of light test, they simply too big for single light to properly cover them..

Last edited:
but I can see the lowers are going to suffer without

this is the issue I'm having with my set up, got the scrog down and its working well but I'm finding I'm creating a carpet of bud and leaves that's not letting the light through. So any thing below the net is just larf, I feel I'm loosing quite a bit (great for the hash so not complaining to much). I'm lowering the net height by few inches on the Alien Rift and letting them grow into it this time and tie them down as they get wild... (update) I stared writing this last night, had one to many dabs, got too stoned and forgot I was doing it. So got some pics to show now

I got 6 girls out of the 12 in the end, couldn't ask for a better ratio... this time round I feel the light penetration is better, we shall see in week or 2. Got a real good feeling about these lady's... you can't really see but I don't think I could have co2 bags hanging. The lighting array is just to big but i could fit them on the floor.

WP_20180414_17_29_40_Pro (2).jpg

on the far left you can see some maple sherbet x pre 98 skunk filling in the gaps

WP_20180414_17_30_19_Pro.jpg

Up Date from the Garden

Zombie Kush by Ripper seeds

We are now into week 4 of flower and starting to stack up... they took a leaf strip (not huge) at end of week 2 but I'm not sure they truly liked it. They sulked for most of the week but carried on growing. I had to do another small leaf strip at start of week 3 because they started to choke them selves by creating a carpet of leaves. Was a little worried they would then get real pissy with me but shocked to see they loved it. Next day perked up loads and kinda saying thanks for giving them some breathing room... I do think some strains appreciate the leaf strip when they are super bushy.

What can I say about the HLG Quantum Boards... Flipping Amazing... there is growth to girls that I have not seen with my cob fixtures. It difficult to describe but I just know by the look of them they are gonna kill it... and I've just order another 3 boards to add to my cob fixtures...help, I have problem

WP_20180414_17_23_49_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20180414_17_24_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20180414_17_24_47_Pro (2).jpg

thanks for stopping by

giphy23.gif

Back