how you doing @Slater my good friend hows ya puppy getting on

all good here @St. Tom just been super busy keeping the kids occupied this holidays and super stressing about the house move (me and the misses are having far to many arguments)... I've not announced it back stage in case I jinx it but we have exchanged on the house, we get the keys end of Sept. So I'm having to start wind down in the garden and prep for the next build... I got an update coming soon and I have been practicing my filming for the youtube channel, I'm just waiting for the kids to get back to school so I can find that time to do the editing... you know me, I'm probably over doing it on the production... in the mean time I got a an update for later on my Fresh Orange by Dank Genetics, just waiting for light on for one last pic.

Great news growbro I know you've been back and forth about your house I hope it's all plain sailing from now on

Thanks @St. Tom :pass::bighug:, I promise to be back on the up dates more often... there is one in the pipe line as i type

now I'm just getting the courage up to start to film my first you tube journal entry for this journal... I got a head cam and all for the job... still a little worried, silly I know seen as I won't be the only one from Blighty taking the chance but I can't help get the buttiflys
Be sure to get yourself an external microphone. For a head came a lav mic will be fine. Good audio is as important if not more so than the video

Im using dollar store coco atm which is prettey garbage, its run off is always red/brown dark and dirty which ive heard is a sign of bad coco, its also got an unusally alkaline PH from my last runoff check. A guy i know uses the same stuff and pulls 8-9+ oz a plant though so it cant be that bad.
FWIW, I bought some cheaper bricks and by the time I rinsed all the dust out I had about half of what I started with

Be sure to get yourself an external microphone. For a head came a lav mic will be fine. Good audio is as important if not more so than the video

for the first few i though of doing talk over until I get a decent mic for my SLR... I have a half decent set up for my other work with cheap condenser mic that work peaty well... I'm saving up for one of the Rode mics

for the first few i though of doing talk over until I get a decent mic for my SLR... I have a half decent set up for my other work with cheap condenser mic that work peaty well... I'm saving up for one of the Rode mics
I've had 3 rode video mics for over 10 years--work great. Voice over is a good option too. Allow you to concentrate on the video and eliminates a lot of extraneous noise. If your shooting outdoors, do record some ambient sound to make it more "real".

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Fresh Orange by Dank Genetics

hey everyone and welcome back to the garden for an update... So where are we at with this grow

Well to fill you in on the veg... 5 out of 6 popped (got the beans on sale so I will let that slide, chances are they a couple of years old)... 4 of them grew at the same pace with quite some vigor.... The 5th was a little slow and short but grew quite chunky...

We went into flower (vegged for about 6 weeks) and at the end of week 2... two of them fully hermied on me... nut sacks everywhere and all just about to pop... Kinda happen over 48hr so It could have been stress from the leaf strip done 3 to 4 days before...who knows, either way you not making the cut for a second grow in my system if you do that, see you later...
mmmmmm... not to impressed for my first outing with Dank Genetics but I can't judge on just one grow with the first genetics I've popped from them, I will give them another chance down the line seen as I herd nothing but good things from them. I could still have been the culprit to cause the hermie, but I'm guessing I'm not

20190814_175846.jpg

This grow is powered by my hybrid X-wing cob design (5x1212 citizen @3500k) with stuck on QB v1 wings to make it go faster.... 520w at full power, I have it dimmed to 350w, will raise to about 400w in late flower. We shall see how hot the tent gets... by the way it's not made by SANlight , stickers are left over from my last test grow... here's the link if your interested, really good lights by SANlight - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/slater-tests-sanlight-q6w.68477/

20190814_175855.jpg

Due to the hermies we had to pull the girls out to make the most out of the space... I reposition the net so it became more of a support spreading the lady's out better in the space and getting that light into the center of the plants

20190814_185138.jpg

Here's a good tip for you newbies, to keep an even canopy when you find you have a drastic size difference use an up turned bucket or an old nute container to prop the plant up... Now everyone gets the same amount of light... I have a collection of risers of many different things and hights for this job

20190814_185218.jpg

24hrs later and everyone is happy with their new positioning...

20190815_182257.jpg

2 weeks later...

Now we are rocking... quite impressed with the performance of these girls so far, day 30 and we are looking super awesome and quite far along... Making up for the fact we are 3 plants down from the start... Think I'm in for some real nice buds... Can't wait

20190828_181257.jpg

Pheno 01... looking to be my fave so far, great amount of bud sites, she is loving the feed schedule. Think she may be the keeper, let see what the turps are like in few weeks

20190828_181241.jpg

Pheno 04... the runt of the bunch in veg but seems to be making up for it flower, didn't stretch like the others but has some nice and chunky buds on the way

20190828_181131.jpg

pheno 05... looking like she is going to be rather chunky, more leaf to bud ratio than than 01 which is putting me off keeping her... could be a trimming nightmare but i will reserve my judgement at the end

20190828_181227.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, school holiday are nearly at an end and that means getting more of my AFN time back. Should be able to get back to weekly updates again.

Grow safe people, keep it green and will...
giphy23.gif

Last edited:
Wow clean and high tech. The power meter is a nice touch. Pics looked so sweet I kept sniffing.

Back