New Grower Slaters first grow... Fixin' to be a lot better, man...3xBig Easy, Freedom Seeds

Slater

Flowery Twats
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey every one welcome to my first grow and diary, I'm on day 25 and I think every thing is going well, kinda making up as I go along but also following the awesome advice from this forum. Any help will be most welcome along the way.

Kit List -
80cmx80cmx160cm tent
1x 600w LED mars classic
1x 150w LED mars reflector
5" RVK-L extraction
Rhino Filter
sms fan speed controller
2x 6" clip on desk fans
passive intake

Strain - 3x Big Easy auto's by Freedom Seeds
25ltr pots
Meduim - Bio bizz soil

Nutes -
Green Fuse Root Stimulator
Liqiud Seaweed
Bio Bizz Grow and Bloom
Advance nutes Over Drive
Plant Magic Mag-Cal

Whats happened so far -
Germinated in the soil, took 3 days then we had some action from all 3 seeds
Used root stimulator and seaweed for the first 3 weeks (seaweed starting off at half strength week 1 then full at the end of week 2).
End of week 2 - 2 plants racing ahead, one a little behind but all 3 looked a little stubby, right amount of nodes but all very close together. Worked out that I had the lights to close, about 15", should have been around 30". Plants seemed very happy though.
Week 3 two plants started to show sex and moving on fast. One plant still behind (nick named runty). Also started training and moved light to 18".
End of week 3 did first feed of Bio Grow at half strength, 4lts per plant giving me about a 20% run off.
Day 22 pots felt really light so watered again 4ltr per plant with half strength,
Day 25 bit more training for there forum debut, trimmed a couple of fan leaves to open the middle up.
So far so good... I think :smoking:

Imagine how many people out there are growin' right now man, just growin' at it.

Attachments

• WP_20160918_16_10_40_Rich.jpg
    WP_20160918_16_10_40_Rich.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 299
  • WP_20160918_22_11_54_Rich.jpg
    WP_20160918_22_11_54_Rich.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 300
  • WP_20160918_22_15_58_Rich (2).jpg
    WP_20160918_22_15_58_Rich (2).jpg
    152 KB · Views: 315
  • WP_20160918_22_21_47_Rich.jpg
    WP_20160918_22_21_47_Rich.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 292
  • WP_20160918_22_30_16_Rich (2).jpg
    WP_20160918_22_30_16_Rich (2).jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 343
  • WP_20160918_22_41_56_Rich (2).jpg
    WP_20160918_22_41_56_Rich (2).jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 289
So far so great! Nice training too.
I followed you here from your intro, I'll l have a seat here in the first row if you don't mind.
If you have any questions or concerns, fire away. I'm not the best of help but I can help some, and someone smarter than me can pick the ball up if I drop it.

Good luck and peace

So far so great! Nice training too.
I followed you here from your intro, I'll l have a seat here in the first row if you don't mind.
If you have any questions or concerns, fire away. I'm not the best of help but I can help some, and someone smarter than me can pick the ball up if I drop it.

Good luck and peace

Thank you Yeatster for joining me on this new adventure and any help you can give. So glad I'm on the right track with my training. It's the one thing that got me super excited about doing all of this, sculpting and training a plant to do what you want. After seeing all those great pics of the pro's doing a scrog, I said to my self thatS the route to take to maximize my space.
For the first 2 grows I tough of keeping it simple with my own version of LST and mainly worrying about just getting a bunch of healthy plants to harvest. Then on my 3rd grow go for a scrog (3 X auto' Mazar by dutch passion waiting in the wings for that).
One thing I have learnt after reading so much on here is that if its working for you then its all good.

Great choice for a SCROG. The Mazar will not disappoint. Have you a screen built, or bought?
Assuming you watered those plants. Did they perk back up for ya?

Going to build a screen, I'm right into my DIY, that all part of the fun for me. The set up I've got is just temporary. I had to use the space to see what's to be done to make it as stealthy as possible. I rent my house and we get inspected every 3 months but luckily they haven't been in the loft since the first inspection a couple of years ago but I can't let my guard down. Every thing will be stripped down in the new year and re built, got some mad idea's that i will share with every one when I get on it.
Here's a pic of my super silent box for my fan, 18mm mdf lined with 3 layers of carpet and then dense foam taken from my sofa round the out side (we where replacing the foam, so not in trouble with the misses). Its in so tight the lid had to be screwed down.

I might be water them girls when I get home, I did stick my finger in this morning before I left the house and they felt moist. I will give them a weight test to see how light they are. Still had plenty of weight when i had them out last night but they are drinking fast and I'm amazed how every thing can change in just 10-12hrs.
WP_20160826_09_36_39_Rich.jpg

Going to build a screen, I'm right into my DIY, that all part of the fun for me. The set up I've got is just temporary. I had to use the space to see what's to be done to make it as stealthy as possible. I rent my house and we get inspected every 3 months but luckily they haven't been in the loft since the first inspection a couple of years ago but I can't let my guard down. Every thing will be stripped down in the new year and re built, got some mad idea's that i will share with every one when I get on it.
Here's a pic of my super silent box for my fan, 18mm mdf lined with 3 layers of carpet and then dense foam taken from my sofa round the out side (we where replacing the foam, so not in trouble with the misses). Its in so tight the lid had to be screwed down.

I might be water them girls when I get home, I did stick my finger in this morning before I left the house and they felt moist. I will give them a weight test to see how light they are. Still had plenty of weight when i had them out last night but they are drinking fast and I'm amazed how every thing can change in just 10-12hrs.View attachment 633579

Nice work. I love the DIY styles. As for watering, I find it more important in veg, for a drought. I try not to let them dry out to much during flower. If it was still moist, your good. The lift method really is best.

Hey @Slater sorry I didn't head on over sooner! Love the DIY fan silencer! Pretty neat! I was like man this guy is really about growing, he told the wife he's taking the stuffing from the couch to silence a fan lmao then I read your replacing it haha. I was like man I like this guy he's like me! I made the wife give up the WHOLE master bedroom for my garden lol
Anyway things are looking great! Can't wait for the next update! Im a renter too and took down my whole operation for our inspection to sign a new lease.... And let me just say... she didn't even go in that room, let alone up the stairs lol....I had 13 plants I had to bag up and carefully move to the garage for the day in broad day light in city limits haha I put them in a big home depot box with a body bag over the top and walked myself and the floppy top cannabis plants to the garage past my neighbors smoking outside lol sooooo sketchy

Hey @Slater sorry I didn't head on over sooner! Love the DIY fan silencer! Pretty neat! I was like man this guy is really about growing, he told the wife he's taking the stuffing from the couch to silence a fan lmao then I read your replacing it haha. I was like man I like this guy he's like me! I made the wife give up the WHOLE master bedroom for my garden lol
Anyway things are looking great! Can't wait for the next update! Im a renter too and took down my whole operation for our inspection to sign a new lease.... And let me just say... she didn't even go in that room, let alone up the stairs lol....I had 13 plants I had to bag up and carefully move to the garage for the day in broad day light in city limits haha I put them in a big home depot box with a body bag over the top and walked myself and the floppy top cannabis plants to the garage past my neighbors smoking outside lol sooooo sketchy

Thanks @Discretepete2676 , i fully won the misses over in the end with that how much I've spent in the past 26yrs argument (I work it out, in the 1000's) and also she loves to grow her own veg so she feels like she is part of it... I might even get her toking again on the first harvest.
We only got inspected at the end of august, there was bit of heat wave the loft was like a sauna. Lucky the plants had just popped up so they didn't mind me switching every thing off for that couple of hours wile i waited for the inspection. Its what made me up grade my fan and build the box (buy cheap buy twice). Its above our bedroom and dam you could hear a serious buzz. Now all i can just about hear is the wind flow even with the sms controller, the 6" clip on fan makes more noise.
I'm quite lucky where I live in the UK, probably one of the most liberal towns in the country, even the old bill act different and are bit more understanding if your not taking the piss and you are being discrete (no selling and stinking the street out). There are plenty of back garden grows going on and personal loft grows... me and the misses have a game of smell the grow when out walking the dog. That won't be happening with us though, I'm all over the no smell rule.
Ha har, walking past you neighbors with a body bag full of plant... that's so funny dude, I'd been more worried about the body bag. Sometime hiding in plain site is good thing, its when your behavior changes that people get suspicious.

Thanks @Discretepete2676 , i fully won the misses over in the end with that how much I've spent in the past 26yrs argument (I work it out, in the 1000's) and also she loves to grow her own veg so she feels like she is part of it... I might even get her toking again on the first harvest.
We only got inspected at the end of august, there was bit of heat wave the loft was like a sauna. Lucky the plants had just popped up so they didn't mind me switching every thing off for that couple of hours wile i waited for the inspection. Its what made me up grade my fan and build the box (buy cheap buy twice). Its above our bedroom and dam you could hear a serious buzz. Now all i can just about hear is the wind flow even with the sms controller, the 6" clip on fan makes more noise.
I'm quite lucky where I live in the UK, probably one of the most liberal towns in the country, even the old bill act different and are bit more understanding if your not taking the piss and you are being discrete (no selling and stinking the street out). There are plenty of back garden grows going on and personal loft grows... me and the misses have a game of smell the grow when out walking the dog. That won't be happening with us though, I'm all over the no smell rule.
Ha har, walking past you neighbors with a body bag full of plant... that's so funny dude, I'd been more worried about the body bag. Sometime hiding in plain site is good thing, its when your behavior changes that people get suspicious.
Yeah I'm Always out and about and going to and from the garage randomly with stuff. They didn't even look twice I don't think, and if they did, Powell they never said anything that was six months ago lol plus I'm carded up and legal for everything :)

Back