Site Upgrade Complete - Next Step: Installing Add-on's and Bug Hunting

Oh and I can find a way to change
Keep me logged in, I have to intentionally go and logout. If that’s the way it’s going stay can we have logout as an option on the header of most pages. Or might just be defaulted to keep everyone logged in?

Just noticed it’s in the footers

But can we have it logout after xxx number of minutes or ?

I've checked my Inbox and Spam folder but unfortunately can't find anything from you.

E-mail is pretty hit or miss coming from a cannabis forum; often times we get flagged for spam or worse, blacklisted from e-mail providers (where we have to physically go through the steps to try to get whitelisted.) I'll send one from my other e-mail provider and we can see if it shows up.

Alerts that are at the top of the page. Don't really know about email. I'm sure there were posts in the Sept/Nov Chat. I check in at least once a day. That said, I did get the alert of your reply and someone else

There were some interesting design choices from the forum software developers; alerts being one of them:

By default... alerts users of a new reply to a thread they're watching only if they've viewed the thread since the last alert. This reduces redundancy. However, sometimes it'd be nice if users could continue to receive emails and alerts of new replies even if they didn't view the thread since the last one.

To combat this in the past, we purchased an add-on for the site that added functionality to how alerts work (more how common sense/logic would dictate.)

It looks like we'll have to revisit that idea again (but just wanted to explain that part of the issue is just inherent/legacy.)

Is this going to be here everytime we log in? "The Autoflower Network - AFN would like your permission to enable push notifications. "

Check in your account preferences:

About midway down, there's a user setting for Push Notifications that you can enable/disable.

Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 5.20.36 PM.png

It doesn't look like it's a button (but it's a button; ) so clicking on it will change it to Enabled or Disabled depending on preference.

Scrolling down, you can set your alert and push notice preferences for each action if you want to fine tune it.

Not a huge deal but still think the unread vs read threads needs to have a more definitive delineation. The bold just doesn’t cut it, I keep hitting read threads trying to catch up

Maybe the “ new” flags on the thread like you have on the sub forum header.

Maybe a different color of text

Maybe a different shade of background, I notice the style itself has light/ dark/ light background shading as s design. Maybe that could be manipulated.

Just thoughts

I'll see what we can do with it, there's a few color design choices myself would like to see changes (the sticky threads with that blue/grey, ugh.)

Place just keeps getting better

E-mail is pretty hit or miss coming from a cannabis forum; often times we get flagged for spam or worse, blacklisted from e-mail providers (where we have to physically go through the steps to try to get whitelisted.) I'll send one from my other e-mail provider and we can see if it shows up.
Still don't see anything brother. Can you maybe assign me a temporary password for SlayerOfStingers and IM it to me on this account? I can also give you an email address from another provider if that might help.

Back