Site Upgrade Complete - Next Step: Installing Add-on's and Bug Hunting

Tapatalk is a 3rd party software (that we don't own or have any control over) that supports multiple forum software formats. It doesn't sound like they currently support this newest, latest version of our forum software (yet,) but in my search about it, it does seem their developers are considering supporting it (because other forums are requesting it for their users.) We unfortunately have no control over what they support, how they support it, etc.

I don't know if we'll get to the point of having an app; we've looked into it a bit in the past but there's not been a glaring need to push for it. Maybe if we see more requests for one we'll consider diving in deeper :d5:

Thanks Hobbs for the info. I was worried for a bit that you guys had totally disappeared until I found you through Google search. Now I have you book marked so that I can get you quicker. But an app is what you need considering how popular you are and the number of members there are on this site.

I cant use the chatbox at all on mobile now. Every time I go to click the forum input box it will think I'm clicking upload an image or insert image or what not. Even if I put my mobile to desktop mode. So I'm not sure what's going on there. It started today when i logged on and saw the blue theme (which is much easier to read and navigate and I prefer the blue theme even if it's a mess up)

I can click to open the chat box to read what everyone else is saying, just cant get it to let me type or push submit

I cant use the chatbox at all on mobile now. Every time I go to click the forum input box it will think I'm clicking upload an image or insert image or what not. Even if I put my mobile to desktop mode. So I'm not sure what's going on there. It started today when i logged on and saw the blue theme (which is much easier to read and navigate and I prefer the blue theme even if it's a mess up)

I can click to open the chat box to read what everyone else is saying, just cant get it to let me type or push submit

I'll look into it; just to clarify, is the issue when you are using a specific theme? Or is it all the themes?

Since "Blue's Test" has some issues with the colors/buttons being washed out, we've defaulted back to "UIX," which is basically a pre-set theme (that Blue's Test is built from.) Does it do it on the Dark theme as well?

Does this work if you try the full chat?

"Blues Test" is still available as a theme option as well:

Might help rule out that being an issue.

I like the dark better. The blue to lite for my old eyes!

@Son of Hobbes it works mobile while browsing forums on the dark theme not uix nor blues. It does work on all styles with the stand alone chatbox just not the integrated one

@Son of Hobbes it works mobile while browsing forums on the dark theme not uix nor blues. It does work on all styles with the stand alone chatbox just not the integrated one

Hmmm. Weird. I'll have to look into it, I have Chrome on my mobile and it's working with UIX (and blue's.) Let me see if there are any recent updates for it as well, there's a few other bugs I need to report to the addon dev anyway it seems.

Hmmm. Weird. I'll have to look into it, I have Chrome on my mobile and it's working with UIX (and blue's.) Let me see if there are any recent updates for it as well, there's a few other bugs I need to report to the addon dev anyway it seems.
I figured out the problem because I started having it on the dark theme too.
Its Whenever theres a new announcement on the forums.
I'm going to try to explain, but I might not make sense.
If you dont close the announcements made on the forums list, the chat input fields are responsive as though the announcement banner's div is taking up the space above the chatbox and shifting down the whole chatbox too and showing the announcement. yet, the javascript for the chat has readjusted itself to take the entire screen over riding the announcement.

so tl;dr, when an announcement is made on the site, the chatbox thinks it's displayed above the chatbox as well as the background forums list when its not

Back