Site Upgrade Complete - Next Step: Installing Add-on's and Bug Hunting

Attempting to post a YouTube video. Haven't fixed anything yet, just trying to recreate the error.

It appears that us peons cant post pics directly in chat yet, mods seem to be able to.
I propose a simple solution....make me a mod and then i can post pics mhauahuahuahau

Likely just a permissions error at this point, I'll look this evening.

Are the "alerts" supposed to be working? Hard to believe my peeps took the weekend off

What alerts are you not getting? E-mail alerts or alerts on-site? Xenforo has a weird alerting scheme by default (that I've never agreed with but that's how they coded it,) where basically it only shows a new alert to a thread based on the LAST TIME you visited, not based on every alert/reply. I'll make a note about it, there's some additional things we can do for alerts to likely help button it up.

SlayerOfStingers

I'll try to send an e-mail this evening to the address you have on-file there so you can verify; once you've done that I can reset the password. Short term fix while we work on the Facebook login issue.

Also @IDontExist we've clocked additional user accounts on your IP; you're allowed one account on the site. Under the circumstances we'll work on restoring your original, but please do not create anymore (else it starts looking a bit suspicious.)

Alerts that are at the top of the page. Don't really know about email. I'm sure there were posts in the Sept/Nov Chat. I check in at least once a day. That said, I did get the alert of your reply and someone else

Not a huge deal but still think the unread vs read threads needs to have a more definitive delineation. The bold just doesn’t cut it, I keep hitting read threads trying to catch up

Maybe the “ new” flags on the thread like you have on the sub forum header.

Maybe a different color of text

Maybe a different shade of background, I notice the style itself has light/ dark/ light background shading as s design. Maybe that could be manipulated.

Just thoughts

Also @IDontExist we've clocked additional user accounts on your IP; you're allowed one account on the site. Under the circumstances we'll work on restoring your original, but please do not create anymore (else it starts looking a bit suspicious.)
I tried to set up an account for months and never got one to activate until I logged in with Facebook. Tried to get a login for that account after the upgrade and never could. Screen name was wdoug58 I believe. So I set up my current account to post the issue in this thread.
I do the forgotten password thing, it says an email reset has been sent, I never receive it, not in spam folder either.

Last edited:
Back