Outdoor Single plant grow - Mdanzig Sour Spyder

index.php

The start of the flowering cycle. I'm pretty happy. Just planted another sprout yesterday. And to think...in 12 days it will be legql to grow!

index.php

I honestly don't know when to start flowering nutes, but I am still holding off, although I did add about 1/4 flowering nutes to her last mix. (dong the math the NPK would be 3.75-3.25-3.25.)

Last edited:
Hey bro if it works have at er LMAO

I am so excited about this plant I can hardly contain myself!

I have not posted many details because I have not done anything really special to grow this weed. I am simply following the Dragon Lady's suggestion on treating it like a tomato, and I can grow tomatoes just fine.

I sprouted the seed on April 10 and planted it in a 3 gallon plastic nursery pot and used Black Gold all organic potting soil. I have fertilised with Alaska Fish fertilizer as per label instructions. When my girl got thrips (little bastards) I sprayed with Safer Soap knowing that it sometimes causes leaf burn...and it did damn it. After a few days and some fertilizer she grew through the damage. I bought some Einstein Neem oil and sprayed that three times at one week intervals and have no more thrips.

I have continued the grow version of the fish fertilizer until the last two feedings. The first change in my fertilizer was last week when I used about 1/4 Alaska More Bloom and 3/4 Alaska Fish. Yesterday I mixed 50/50. My next fertilizer will be with just Alaska More Bloom.

We shall see how much crop I get in due time. Since this is my first grow I will be watching closely to determine when I should harvest. It is just a waiting game now. But it seems to my newbie eyes that I am doing pretty well and I am pleased.

My big concern now is the week-end heat wave we are about to experience with temperatues between 100-105* on Saturday.

Well, it has been 95-100* for a few days. I read somewhere on this forum that autoflowering plants resist heat pretty well if kept watered. Mine has done well with some very, very minor tip burn on a few leaves; nothing to worry about. I am treading that fine line making sure not to over water and yet keep the root ball moist. So far so good. And I have pulled a few of the largest fan leaves that have yellowed due to age. I'm very pleased so far.

It is now legal to grow in Oregon! :headbang: :thumbsup: :woohoo1::cheers:

And I am still fighting thrips and excessive heat, but all seems well enough to me and I am starting a few more plants.

Here is my Sour Spyder today, which is day 79 on a plant that is supposed to finish outside in 70-75 days. I guess she had other plans.

Comments welcome! :hippy:

index.php

Back