Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

there's more and more talk of decriminalization/legalization where i live, and me and some friends are trying to think of how you'd make growing sexy in that environment, to fuck with the (inevitable) big corporate takeover. i think the big thing is making it look good, like something you could comfortably set up in your living room without it looking like a big nerdy tech thing. like, there's no good reason for every single grow tent to be a boring ass black box. or try and imagine someone putting up a marshydro big white rectangle of purple light out in the open.

not enough focus on aesthetics, which makes sense in more 'professional' environments and when it's illegal. but going forward, i think it's important to make growing sexy and thoughtfully designed, and jupiter definitely did that.

there's more and more talk of decriminalization/legalization where i live, and me and some friends are trying to think of how you'd make growing sexy in that environment, to fuck with the (inevitable) big corporate takeover. i think the big thing is making it look good, like something you could comfortably set up in your living room without it looking like a big nerdy tech thing. like, there's no good reason for every single grow tent to be a boring ass black box. or try and imagine someone putting up a marshydro big white rectangle of purple light out in the open.

not enough focus on aesthetics, which makes sense in more 'professional' environments and when it's illegal. but going forward, i think it's important to make growing sexy and thoughtfully designed, and jupiter definitely did that.
Funny you say that that's exactly what I was thinking. I mean I'm all set with same boring light fixtures. Basically a square or rectangle. Gotta get the creative juices flowing and design something different. Mine was materials I had on hand but it would be nice to see people do something besides the same old box. That goes for the whole room like you said too. Might be a business opportunity there. Designer lights and grow rooms! Once my light patinas up forget about it. It's gonna look like the copper on all the old churches.

This is sexy
image.jpg

Errr No kidding. Have you calculated the thermal dissipation for that chandelier?

IMG_0238.PNG
Yeah I figured at 17 in.² a watt for passive aluminum cooling and my cobs probably pushing 100 heat watts I would need 1700 in.². With copper being around 53% more conductive than aluminum that should drop the value to roughly 800 in.². Then I took the surface area of all my tubing which is 2(pi)r x total length and came out to 737.273 in.²Take into consideration the thermal conductivity of the liquid and multiply that by the coefficient of heat dissipation and boom I'm in the Money.

View attachment 642853 Yeah I figured at 17 in.² a watt for passive aluminum cooling and my cobs probably pushing 100 heat watts I would need 1700 in.². With copper being around 53% more conductive than aluminum that should drop the value to roughly 800 in.². Then I took the surface area of all my tubing which is 2(pi)r x total length and came out to 737.273 in.²Take into consideration the thermal conductivity of the liquid and multiply that by the coefficient of heat dissipation and boom I'm in the Money.
So your more like 3 1/2 or 4?

Back