Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

I've got everything most machine shops have except a CNC. 4k watt Laser, 80 ton break press, mill, drills, lathe, sheer, welders etc. I've been doodling some ideas on paper...
I smashed the like on that one Pepe. Ever consider a smaller CNC? I definitely want one. I'm actually in the process of working on something major as far as lighting goes. Not a new way but a simpler way for people to get their hands on to cobs. In a short time I will be looking for a place to advertise them too.

Never really needed one to be honest, they can do wonders thou. Much quicker with very tight tolerances compared to using fixturing on a mill. I do like your 80-20 idea, easy to get, easy to work with and sturdy construction. The idea I've been working with is a rail/track system for adjustable cob positions with little exposed wiring. Got an idea using aluminum pipe too, I got a hydraulic pipe bender to use... pondering ideas

Never really needed one to be honest, they can do wonders thou. Much quicker with very tight tolerances compared to using fixturing on a mill. I do like your 80-20 idea, easy to get, easy to work with and sturdy construction. The idea I've been working with is a rail/track system for adjustable cob positions with little exposed wiring. Got an idea using aluminum pipe too, I got a hydraulic pipe bender to use... pondering ideas
Wait till you see what I'm up to. Been working on new light for a few months and finally have all the problems ironed out. I hope to be advertising here soon enough. It would fit well into your idea

I used a little piece of scrap wood and some string to hang my 058-1825 cob lights (ran at 70W each)

the string is held up by a nail on each end and it's great because by wrapping the string around the nails I can move the lights either direction or higher up/lower if needed

Attachments

• DSCF1040.JPG
    DSCF1040.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCF1041.JPG
    DSCF1041.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCF1043.JPG
    DSCF1043.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 213
Are those heatsinks from Ebay? If so, how do you like them? Was thinking to use that heatsink with 1 cree 3590 50w

They are arctic M1 passive heatsinks for CPUs. they work great actually, the fan I added to them runs silently and keeps them cool to the touch. I think I did get them on ebay. Only thing is the surface where the CLU-058-1825 is mounted is smaller than the chip, so I had to glob up some thermal paste around the edges to help thermal conductivity. But if the chip you're using is smaller then I would recommend.

the surface is about 30mm

0ED02E28-00AC-49AE-B834-D41264E41F53.jpg
IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

Yeah this thing is getting out of control. The long cone shape is an attempt at a reflector . I plan on trimming it to make it shorter. The other three are also supposed to be reflectors LOL and they would stay as is. I mean what is going on over here
:chimp:

Back