Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

I don't think that there is, thats where a single fixture would be a great light! Nice and clean, very mobile.

I posted this light somewhere on this forum but this is its first time in action.
Besides the frame it is one of the least expensive lights going.
6 Cree 2530's 4000k-60 dollars with holders and 3 robbed 650ma Mars drivers. The cobs are only putting out 24 watts each but for side lighting it should do the trick.
image.jpeg

The frame is 80/20 extrusion in the rare black. Total frame cost was around 150 dollars so it's still a cheap light. $210 for 150 watt cob light.
Anyone interested in DIY this is what it's about. You can make what you can't buy, fix what's broken and scavenge parts to build things extremely cheap. I haven't seen any 7 foot long side light bars on Amazon lately:cheers:

Yes, i need to clean that up. Have to get some way to hold it, but i needed slack to be able to move it around. I wish it was easier to wire them with just two wires to each cob. Isnt that parallel?

The leaders are great. 3.50 for six
Why cant you just use a longer wire and run it up to your driver and back down to the other cob?

I posted this light somewhere on this forum but this is its first time in action.
Besides the frame it is one of the least expensive lights going.
6 Cree 2530's 4000k-60 dollars with holders and 3 robbed 650ma Mars drivers. The cobs are only putting out 24 watts each but for side lighting it should do the trick.View attachment 632842

The frame is 80/20 extrusion in the rare black. Total frame cost was around 150 dollars so it's still a cheap light. $210 for 150 watt cob light.
Anyone interested in DIY this is what it's about. You can make what you can't buy, fix what's broken and scavenge parts to build things extremely cheap. I haven't seen any 7 foot long side light bars on Amazon lately:cheers:
That looks real nice! Can't wait to get ahead so I can dabble around in the shop. I have access to a laser, been thinking of what I could do with a sheet of aluminum.

I think there is a limited length of wire that can be run due to the loss of current traveling through the wire. I tried to use less than 14ft total since using 16ga .

Why cant you just use a longer wire and run it up to your driver and back down to the other cob?

Back