Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

Hey @BigSm0 is there any usable worthwhile
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
parts on these lamps ??

Jupiter has an incredible copper frame! Wood kinda scares me, electrical and moisture in the tent is enough to manage.

I bet a bunch! Mounting plate, heatsinks lenses maybe

That looks nice

It would be gorgeous wouldn't it? :)

Wooden it! :) :) :)

I saw somebody's amazing copper frame on here a couple of days ago! Very impressive :)

Not sure who's it was though as I've been in the clutches of a stomach bug for a couple of days and it's ruined my brain lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was @Jupiter who make the chandelier out of copper. Things pretty badass.

Couple things to note about the kits. The tech may have said the sst105 is ok for 50w but my heatsinks say other wise. I'd also stay away from those citizen cobs because the 1212's and at 50w have low efficiency. I think it's in the low 40% range.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 91
Lenses may trap to much heat. Inefficient cob could create to much convective and conductive heat. Where better cobs create more thermal radiation which is heat from the light itself.

I have sst120's so hopefully a little more effective than 105s

Disappointed to hear you don't like citi 1212 as that's what I've got. Bummer lol. I was under the impression that they were fairly decent cobs and best if driven hard for better efficiency?

Have I misunderstood? Darn it.

Im waiting in a callback from the sparky that put them in my truck to see whats wrong with em,he had mentioned something about rebuilding or putting new up..anyway he gave me the drivers last week for them( i think these drivers came from these lamps)( i have two drivers and lamps)i didnt get to look at the lamps much cause i just saw them in the back of my work truck before i left so i didnt have time to bring them with me
image.jpeg

Disappointed to hear you don't like citi 1212 as that's what I've got. Bummer lol. I was under the impression that they were fairly decent cobs and best if driven hard for better efficiency?

I don't mind the 1212's it's just their cheapest least efficiency cob. The 1212 has 144 leds while the 1812 have 216 leds. To get 50 watts out of a 1212 you need more power. More power equals lower efficiency.

For cobs it's always better to drive them lower as well. Especially a 1212 with fewer leds. yes sorry but you did get it wrong.

What wattage are you running the 1212's at?

Back