Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

Me?

I didn't get mine from cobkits? Mine came from Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I see. I wondered if he shipped worldwide since I have had a lot of people asking about overseas shipping with the autocobs.

Does your autocob have its own driver?

Does your autocob have its own driver?

Yes it's everything in one. Cob, holder, heatsink, spacer, driver, power cord and ratchet hangers.

This way people can buy at their own pace. It's also adjustable on its own and lights can be added or removed depending on the situation.
IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0957.JPG

That's amazing u were able to get it all in that case

I like ur idea for the adjustable frame. However I think a frame to hang these off of would be a better fit

So if someone wants to run 2 or 4 it would be easier

Build a frame and just join them to it then... but that would defeat the point of them. You would be better just building a 'conventional' diy light.

Being able to individually adjust the lights is way better than one. It provides a custom lighting environment for any grow space.

Being able to individually adjust the lights is way better than one. It provides a custom lighting environment for any grow space.
I agree. You also don't need a frame to hang multiple cobs either. If your in a tent just use the cross bars. I never thought anyone would see hanging multiple cobs as an issue. If you can hang a regular light you can hang these. Google the inverse square law and you can see why adjusting each cobs height is so beneficial.

These were made with the idea of getting more people into cobs. Instead of spending hundreds at once people can now buy at their own pace. Cobs are expensive and that's probably not going to change. How they are made is one way to solve this problem. I do see people have issues as they don't understand the concept of single cobs. It's not for side lighting or micro growing. It's nothing more than a scaleable option. 4 50w cobs is equal to a 200w cob light. Mounting is as simple as it gets, you don't need a frame, just hang them like you would any other light. The benefit is you can hang them in any configuration or amount of lights you now please. As for the amperage draw these pull .49 amps so 30 can be run off of one standard breaker.

Back