Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

That's amazing u were able to get it all in that case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There isn't a case. It's a heatsink which is rated for 57 watts, a spacer for cooling and a meanwell driver which has a built in hanger bracket

I agree. You also don't need a frame to hang multiple cobs either. If your in a tent just use the cross bars. I never thought anyone would see hanging multiple cobs as an issue. If you can hang a regular light you can hang these. Google the inverse square law and you can see why adjusting each cobs height is so beneficial.

These were made with the idea of getting more people into cobs. Instead of spending hundreds at once people can now buy at their own pace. Cobs are expensive and that's probably not going to change. How they are made is one way to solve this problem. I do see people have issues as they don't understand the concept of single cobs. It's not for side lighting or micro growing. It's nothing more than a scaleable option. 4 50w cobs is equal to a 200w cob light. Mounting is as simple as it gets, you don't need a frame, just hang them like you would any other light. The benefit is you can hang them in any configuration or amount of lights you now please. As for the amperage draw these pull .49 amps so 30 can be run off of one standard breaker.

It's funny trying to convince people about cobs isn't it? I haven't even used any yet, but the science is there for all to see. Efficiency. I have tried to tell my mate that my new 200w cob system is probably giving out as much light as his super wattage branded led but I think it's frying his head :)

In fact I'm fairly confident in saying that my cobs DO give more light than his 4 light "1000 watt" blurple set up.

It's funny trying to convince people about cobs isn't it? I haven't even used any yet, but the science is there for all to see. Efficiency. I have tried to tell my mate that my new 200w cob system is probably giving out as much light as his super wattage branded led but I think it's frying his head :)

I am just going to print 1000 watt stickers for the side of them. Lol there you go. It's catching on thankfully. The DIY section was dead a few months back. Now it's tough to keep up.

I am just going to print 1000 watt stickers for the side of them. Lol there you go. It's catching on thankfully. The DIY section was dead a few months back. Now it's tough to keep up.

You shouldn't be so good at what you are doing! I actually posted in live stoners that it isnt about how much electricity you draw but how much beneficial light is emitted for the plant to use. I think you told me that, more than once.

Wow ok I stand corrected

Has anyone done a timber/wooden frame for their cobs?

Would there be too much heat generated by passively cooled 50w cobs for timber? Or would it be ok?

I only ask as I'm not so keen on using aluminium if possible as its not the most planet friendly. No offence meant to anyone using aluminium - you're offsetting that by the MASSIVE energy savings you're making by using cobs :)

It would be beautiful! A nice hardwood.
You could use copper too. The passive cooled ones can get over 100 degrees f.

It would be beautiful! A nice hardwood.
You could use copper too. The passive cooled ones can get over 100 degrees f.

It would be gorgeous wouldn't it? :)

Wooden it! :) :) :)

I saw somebody's amazing copper frame on here a couple of days ago! Very impressive :)

Not sure who's it was though as I've been in the clutches of a stomach bug for a couple of days and it's ruined my brain lol.

Ooh 100 degrees. Maybe a bit too much for timber. Not sure what a good hardwood can withstand temp wise?

Mind you I have my fire extinguisher to hand :) safety first!

Back