Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

Im waiting in a callback from the sparky that put them in my truck to see whats wrong with em,he had mentioned something about rebuilding or putting new up..anyway he gave me the drivers last week for them( i think these drivers came from these lamps)( i have two drivers and lamps)i didnt get to look at the lamps much cause i just saw them in the back of my work truck before i left so i didnt have time to bring them with meView attachment 688713
Those drivers would be good for the 1212's as they are lower voltage. We would run that in paralell meaning the amperage would be divided by the number of cobs. If you ran 6 1212's it would be 600ma per cob. 36v X .6a. = 21w per cob

100 dollar 120w cob light. That's a score bud. Cost me a lot more than that to build 2 autocobs.

Okay just got the skinny from the electrician...with last week 101mph winds,the lamp pole broke ,the pole and fell against a tree( didnt hit the ground)new leds are being put in place,there may be a good chance that these work after being put back together,he said something about them being the eq of a 250 HPS ..i'll know more when i get the lamps home but since they were meant to light a parking lot ,how can i tell if they are 3500/4000s or something else..the numbers on them maybe??

And they are citizen 1212 CRI90 3500k.

To be honest for what I paid I am super happy even if they're not as efficient as they could be :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay just got the skinny from the electrician...with last week 101mph winds,the lamp pole broke ,the pole and fell against a tree( didnt hit the ground)new leds are being put in place,there may be a good chance that these work after being put back together,he said something about them being the eq of a 250 HPS ..i'll know more when i get the lamps home but since they were meant to light a parking lot ,how can i tell if they are 3500/4000s or something else..the numbers on them maybe??
Depending on the cobs it's tough to say an equivelant. If they are what I think they are there isn't much more light than the actual wattage. You could run it or convert it. I'd be buying cobs as fast as possible.
IMG_0963.JPG

Or just grab a few of these :rofl:

That's not bad. Any higher they start to drop quite a bit. Your somewhere around 40-43% now

Thanks. And sorry for hijacking, bending your ear with questions and generally being a pain! :)

Thanks. And sorry for hijacking, bending your ear with questions and generally being a pain! :)

Don't apologize bro. Unlike what the other guy said I'm always here to help or advise where I can. I have the cob thing down pretty well.

Ooh 100 degrees. Maybe a bit too much for timber. Not sure what a good hardwood can withstand temp wise?

Mind you I have my fire extinguisher to hand :) safety first!

I have two 048-1212s mounted to Arctic 11 Passive heatsinks and screwed to two very thin pieces of scrap wood as a temporary frame. The heatsinks hardly get warm, they get warm but not hot, even touching underneeth the heatsink right next to the chip.

I think you would be okay to build a timber frame with 50W cobs

Back