Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

I have two 048-1212s mounted to Arctic 11 Passive heatsinks and screwed to two very thin pieces of scrap wood as a temporary frame. The heatsinks hardly get warm, they get warm but not hot, even touching underneeth the heatsink right next to the chip.

I think you would be okay to build a timber frame with 50W cobs

Awesome info thanks man [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two 048-1212s mounted to Arctic 11 Passive heatsinks and screwed to two very thin pieces of scrap wood as a temporary frame. The heatsinks hardly get warm, they get warm but not hot, even touching underneeth the heatsink right next to the chip.

I think you would be okay to build a timber frame with 50W cobs
For now. I'd hate to see it if the fan stopped working one day. It's to risky

For now. I'd hate to see it if the fan stopped working one day. It's to risky

I've gone all passive on this one. Think I'll be making that change for future nonliquid builds. The Arctic Alpine 11 Passive heatsink can easily disperse the heat of 50W of cob, possibly up to 70 if wired in running constant current, but it may run on the warm side at 70W.

Passive cooling is a bit simpler and seems to do a fine job keeping case temps down. Saves the cost of fan and potential failure too.

Depending on the cobs it's tough to say an equivelant. If they are what I think they are there isn't much more light than the actual wattage. You could run it or convert it. I'd be buying cobs as fast as possible. View attachment 688735
Or just grab a few of these :rofl:

Thats just insanity right there. I see where all the cobs come from now :cheers:

These may have been see before but i wanted in on this one.

full

full

If u increase the wattage on those light can it increase the footprint bigsmo?

If u increase the wattage on those light can it increase the footprint bigsmo?

Yes and it will also create a bad hot spot in the center while dropping the efficiency. If you want more coverage you would have to add more light.

Back