Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

I guess my lack of water cooling experience falls into play. Raw wattage on a 600w hps would be 2400btu so there is a hell of a lot more heat. I know the guys who water cool their hps use chillers. Then again taking pin temp tests on stagnant air is only 110 degrees on a 55w citi, with a 10 inch fan 10 feet away it dropped to 90 degrees. Temper=pre charge? I made up pre charge as I figured it fit well.
Yeah pretty much the same concept. The idea is to heat up incoming water. Usually is around 55/60 degrees so if you can get it up to 80/90 degrees you gain efficiency and recovery time. Many different methods to integrate the idea and that's why it's really promising. I'm thinking of running it through a fan coil heater like you would with regular heating pipe and use it as a space heater:). Possibilities are endless. Energy recovery is the name of the game.

@Jupiter

https://store.heliospectra.com/collections/bestselling/products/heliospectra-lightbar-v101g-l

Pretty crazy to see a water cooled light but I have to saw this company is the least impressive I have come across. Their lowest wattage veg light is water cooled, no real specs and no talk how it gets plumbed. Looks like a small 1/4" push in connector on top but then what? Maybe you need to run a pump to your pool or something.
I think you plummet into a bidet. You can squirt your ass with some warm water lol.

I found some cheap led bars on eBay and as most of you might already know I'm a little nuts about lighting lol. They are cheap cheap though 45$ each 90$ for a pair of 50w bars that actually looked pretty nice in the pics. I fired them up and the epistar efficiency showed through. About as bright as a flashlight. The main reason I wanted them was to repurpose the bars themselves so last night I busted one apart and inside found the most pathetic thing yet. I wish this was a full size lighter for reference but it's actually a mini. The other bars driver is next to it. No housing just sealed in shrink wrap.
IMG_0230.JPG

I found some cheap led bars on eBay and as most of you might already know I'm a little nuts about lighting lol. They are cheap cheap though 45$ each 90$ for a pair of 50w bars that actually looked pretty nice in the pics. I fired them up and the epistar efficiency showed through. About as bright as a flashlight. The main reason I wanted them was to repurpose the bars themselves so last night I busted one apart and inside found the most pathetic thing yet. I wish this was a full size lighter for reference but it's actually a mini. The other bars driver is next to it. No housing just sealed in shrink wrap. View attachment 659531

Rofl bro that is pathetic and that heatsink :crying::crying::crying:

I found some cheap led bars on eBay and as most of you might already know I'm a little nuts about lighting lol. They are cheap cheap though 45$ each 90$ for a pair of 50w bars that actually looked pretty nice in the pics. I fired them up and the epistar efficiency showed through. About as bright as a flashlight. The main reason I wanted them was to repurpose the bars themselves so last night I busted one apart and inside found the most pathetic thing yet. I wish this was a full size lighter for reference but it's actually a mini. The other bars driver is next to it. No housing just sealed in shrink wrap. View attachment 659531
That's called value engineering LOL. Design a product and then come in and try to cut cost. I see it all the time.

View attachment 650896
I had to give it a shot so I hooked up a pump and plugged it into the same timer. she staying pretty damn cool @BigSm0. Its a very rough version but you get the idea. I got a 55 gallon drum in that shower I might fill up and see if they can keep that water up enough to warm the room up at night.

Wicked !! You guys are INSANE !!! :crying: max +REP SLAP !!

Like the value French fried from McDonald's. It started out with 9 fried for .99 and now they are down to 6.

The heatsink really gets me. It's pathetic and it's also fully enclosed in rubber then sealed in a waterproof light.
image.jpg

With meanwell they offer a specific driver that I use as open or enclosed. The price difference is .99 so these guys had the smart idea to take the safety part away and use pennies worth of rubber to save money. Drives me mad!

Have you seen ttystyk's watercooled, CXB3590 powered custom built lights?
( look him up on RIU )This guy is growing multiple 2lb.+ plants, one light per plant in vertical scrogs? He cools them and his reservior, AND his air, AND recycling the heat for use in his home using a 5ton chiller. It actually makes his home more efficient and it provides all his heating and cooling needs!

@Jupiter

https://store.heliospectra.com/collections/bestselling/products/heliospectra-lightbar-v101g-l

Pretty crazy to see a water cooled light but I have to saw this company is the least impressive I have come across. Their lowest wattage veg light is water cooled, no real specs and no talk how it gets plumbed. Looks like a small 1/4" push in connector on top but then what? Maybe you need to run a pump to your pool or something.

Back