Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

You could put some radiator fins on it.

Omg I just had a wicked idea. Hook it up to the cold water supply on your hot water heater. Pre charge the hot water and always have a steady supply of cold water coming in. Now that's some large scale stuff to consider.
You laugh that's not a bad idea. Was already thinking in that direction. Even with the fin tubing. That was gonna be my original idea for the heat sinks. lol that would've been ugly as hell

If the grow was larger and you had multiple lights but much more simple designs it would be something to consider. I'm all over ideas like this for growing. I still think solar wall panels would be sweet. Easy way to recoup 10-30% of your light bill.

If the grow was larger and you had multiple lights but much more simple designs it would be something to consider. I'm all over ideas like this for growing. I still think solar wall panels would be sweet. Easy way to recoup 10-30% of your light bill.
Exactly. Just got to make sure it's your permanent place. Relocation would be a bitch

IMG_0451.JPG

I had to give it a shot so I hooked up a pump and plugged it into the same timer. she staying pretty damn cool @BigSm0. Its a very rough version but you get the idea. I got a 55 gallon drum in that shower I might fill up and see if they can keep that water up enough to warm the room up at night.

View attachment 650896
I had to give it a shot so I hooked up a pump and plugged it into the same timer. she staying pretty damn cool @BigSm0. Its a very rough version but you get the idea. I got a 55 gallon drum in that shower I might fill up and see if they can keep that water up enough to warm the room up at night.
Heck yeah! Great idea. Some sort of sealed tank would be best to keep humidity lower. Depending on your tank size it could heat up and cool at the right times and continue to keep cool. That's probably a lot of testing but I think your good no matter how good or bad it works out.

On a bright note :rofl: cdi just shipped me 100 cobs, driver and hestsinks. As you know I have big plans, that football stadium grow might be rolling before I know it.

Just noticed the ceramic hanging in the background Jupiter. I loved mine when they were hanging

Just noticed the ceramic hanging in the background Jupiter. I loved mine when they were hanging
Yeah I'm out of space at the moment. I have a kind k5 leaning up against the wall too.

Heck yeah! Great idea. Some sort of sealed tank would be best to keep humidity lower. Depending on your tank size it could heat up and cool at the right times and continue to keep cool. That's probably a lot of testing but I think your good no matter how good or bad it works out.
By the way I took a reading on my little reservoir and it was about 85°. So if you run it through an insulated buffer tank definitely get that boy to a respectable temperature . Which then can be used to temper the hot water heater.

I guess my lack of water cooling experience falls into play. Raw wattage on a 600w hps would be 2400btu so there is a hell of a lot more heat. I know the guys who water cool their hps use chillers. Then again taking pin temp tests on stagnant air is only 110 degrees on a 55w citi, with a 10 inch fan 10 feet away it dropped to 90 degrees. Temper=pre charge? I made up pre charge as I figured it fit well.

Back