Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

Jupie jupie jupie..... Dude that light is pretty bad ass man. That's what this threads all about. How-u-hangin. Different ideas from different people. You have definitely built a one of a kind cobber. Not that I have hopes to see them stocked on local shelves but the out of the box thinking is what's needed with this DIY world. Max rep homie!!

Jupie jupie jupie..... Dude that light is pretty bad ass man. That's what this threads all about. How-u-hangin. Different ideas from different people. You have definitely built a one of a kind cobber. Not that I have hopes to see them stocked on local shelves but the out of the box thinking is what's needed with this DIY world. Max rep homie!!
Thanks man. Yeah if you try producing this chandelier you'll go bankrupt. What a pain in my ass but I figured it's good for this thread.

As far as the driver goes you can somewhat enclose it. A small air gap on top and possibly a cutout on top and bottom is all that's needed. If you could figure a way to attach it direct to the frame that might help too. All that love juice in the frame. I read a like idea awhile back and the driver had very small cutouts and it stayed well within range. But it doesn't hurt to keep it cooler. Copper to is much better at dissipating heat than alum like knucklehead used.
I plan on soldering a couple pieces of flat copper squares where the anchor points are for the driver. Then drill a couple holes through the flat stock and mount the driver. I plan on doing that tonight so I'll have an update. As far as encasing it I just wanted to wrap the sides in copper to keep with the theme. I'll see how it looks to see if it will stay or go but bottom and top will be completely open.

I start out in veg at 30" and lower till I see a little tacoing. Every strains different so reading the plant is important. My Dinafem love light while the mephisto seem real sensitive to it

What means tacoing?
Sorry, english is not my first language.

I plan on soldering a couple pieces of flat copper squares where the anchor points are for the driver. Then drill a couple holes through the flat stock and mount the driver. I plan on doing that tonight so I'll have an update. As far as encasing it I just wanted to wrap the sides in copper to keep with the theme. I'll see how it looks to see if it will stay or go but bottom and top will be completely open.
Love your light, completely out of the box.

IMG_0363.JPG
IMG_0364.JPG
IMG_0365.JPG
Love your light, completely out of the box.
Thanks bud appreciate it Gonna need some help with the aesthetics on mounting this driver. Anybody have any ideas where it should go I'm all ears. I'll take care of mounting it. Was thinking about mounted sideways or Underneath. Trying not to take too much away from the original design. It's a little bigger than I remember LOL. I can camouflage it a little with copper sheeting.

View attachment 645658 View attachment 645659 View attachment 645660
Thanks bud appreciate it Gonna need some help with the aesthetics on mounting this driver. Anybody have any ideas where it should go I'm all ears. I'll take care of mounting it. Was thinking about mounted sideways or Underneath. Trying not to take too much away from the original design. It's a little bigger than I remember LOL. I can camouflage it a little with copper sheeting.
It's gotta go underneath with that erection coming from the top unless you buy 2 smaller drivers to even it out.

It's gotta go underneath with that erection coming from the top unless you buy 2 smaller drivers to even it out.
LOL. Balancing the fixture isn't going to be a problem because I'm going to hang it from three points instead of just the center. I'm going to Solder some flat shims and drill a hole through them and hang them from the cables. Yeah this one's going to be a little tougher to figure out. I got some Velcro so I'll attach in different positions and post some pics see which one you guys like better.

Back