Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

View attachment 643268 View attachment 643269
Doing a test run with a Citizens 1818 cob running at 700 ma. She's been running for about 45 minutes and she's about 78° directly above the reflector. As you get to the tee it is the same temperature as the rest. So far so good I'm pleased with the results. Round one goes to the chandelier LOL.

that's a work of art man. well done to you.

IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG

So the test run with two citizens went well. Temperatures were Nice and cool. So I went ahead and ordered four citizen 1818 90 cri 3500k cobs. Got a Meanwell HLG185H–48A driver that has adjustable voltage and amperage so anything goes wrong I can dial it down. At least that's the idea. I also think the angle of reflection is pretty good considering I made them by hand lol. Next update will hopefully be when the " Copper Citizens Chandelier" is complete. I got to come up with a name for this thing. Let's throw some ideas out there.

Have to be careful with those drivers jupie. If for some reason a cob blows the remaining amperage is sent to the other 3 cobs and usually a chain reaction of blowing cobs. Different wiring too you must run the cobs in parallel. I have only played with those drivers a little but the dimmer doesn't stop at min and max either it just keeps turning and turning. I damaged some 1212's that way trying to dim it down and all of a sudden they are on full blast.

Have to be careful with those drivers jupie. If for some reason a cob blows the remaining amperage is sent to the other 3 cobs and usually a chain reaction of blowing cobs. Different wiring too you must run the cobs in parallel. I have only played with those drivers a little but the dimmer doesn't stop at min and max either it just keeps turning and turning. I damaged some 1212's that way trying to dim it down and all of a sudden they are on full blast.
Oh shit good call Big. I wasn't even looking at that. I got them from CobKits so I just looked at the possible orientations they had listed. Yeah I remember the thermal runaway effect from Growmau5 videos. I'm gonna get a different driver because I have to mount these cobs with thermal epoxy and solder the wires on so I can't take the chance of blowing out a cob. I'll just use that driver on the new viperspectra I'm going to hack. It's easily accessible so if anything goes wrong it'll be easy to fix. You just saved me some potential headaches. You should ask for a raise.

I just want to keep my led tech freak badge shiny. The only reason I know about this is from the exact experience. I fried a bunch of Cree cobs this way. I mentioned the dimmer problem. When you get yours see if it stops at full on and stops at the lowest setting. i hope for meanwell owners sake I just got a funky one. Pretty stupid otherwise.

Confusing. I fried the Cree's and burnt out strings on the citizens. The citizens took more abuse that's for sure. Cree's just started smoking

I just want to keep my led tech freak badge shiny. The only reason I know about this is from the exact experience. I fried a bunch of Cree cobs this way. I mentioned the dimmer problem. When you get yours see if it stops at full on and stops at the lowest setting. i hope for meanwell owners sake I just got a funky one. Pretty stupid otherwise.
Lol. I like that meter they are using in the Northern Grow Lights builds. At least you can see what current or voltage is running?

Back