Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

Nevermind...looks like it's AC power only on that meter. Drivers are DC output.

Something like that would be cool, though.

My new veg light will have 3 of the digital ones. I'm not 100% sure about wiring them but I did hear they get run in series just like the rest of the cobs. Higher voltage ones seem tougher to find

At what distance do you hang COBs (CXB3590)? For veg and flower.

At what distance do you hang COBs (CXB3590)? For veg and flower.
I start out in veg at 30" and lower till I see a little tacoing. Every strains different so reading the plant is important. My Dinafem love light while the mephisto seem real sensitive to it

IMG_0362.JPG

Finally got my citizens cobs in and mounted. Used some arctic silver thermal epoxy so these bad boys aren't coming off. Next step mount driver and wire it up. Little touch up with the high temp paint then take a much needed break. This thing definitely became quite the project. Probably going to incase the driver in a copper box too lol.

i'd be afraid of a box becoming too hot. maybe remote mount it?
I should probably reword it. The top will be open but the sides will be closed. Just for aesthetics an idea I'm kicking around. I'll see once I mount the driver whether to wrap it or not.

As far as the driver goes you can somewhat enclose it. A small air gap on top and possibly a cutout on top and bottom is all that's needed. If you could figure a way to attach it direct to the frame that might help too. All that love juice in the frame. I read a like idea awhile back and the driver had very small cutouts and it stayed well within range. But it doesn't hurt to keep it cooler. Copper to is much better at dissipating heat than alum like knucklehead used.

@BigSm0 i noticed my standard driver has a plug for adjusting. You ever mess with that?
Are you talking about the rubber plugs on top? Those are the voltage and dimming adjustments. If it's a seperate wire which I don't think those have you can pick up a cheap potentiometer from Amazon. Little soldering needed but I think you have that under control.

Back