Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

Balance as in OCD, not adding pennies to one side

Balance as in OCD, not adding pennies to one side
I would never add pennies. Quarters on the other hand is a different story. Yeah I might have to come up with something crazy.

IMG_0366.JPG
IMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0370.JPG
IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0373.JPG

So here are two configurations that'll give you a rough idea of what I'm trying to do. The driver is wrapped in copper on three sides. When I do it it'll be just one piece so it should look a little smoother. The one that has the drive on its side will be parallel to the pipe and no gap. So that's the rough idea. Any other suggestions on possible places to mount it?

I say get some conduit straps or if you have bigger copper ones just bolt them right to a thick piece of copper sheet. 4x10" maybe. Then mount the driver to that. On the bottom side right in the center. From below it will look like its floating and from above you'll just see copper.

I say get some conduit straps or if you have bigger copper ones just bolt them right to a thick piece of copper sheet. 4x10" maybe. Then mount the driver to that. On the bottom side right in the center. From below it will look like its floating and from above you'll just see copper.
Thats a good idea. I might just put the driver completely separate from the light and just plug the wires for the COBS with a quick connect. Just make the quick connection with my kit and maybe make a holder for the driver and just hang it. Definitely not practical but the driver doesn't really go with the theme of the light. I mean you got a copper light with a couple thick black wires right in the middle and a big square box. Kinda screws with the natural "chi" or "zen" of the light. Got to make a quick holder for the driver though. I don't know I'll have to sleep on this one.

IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0392.JPG

Got her up and running. Just hanging the driver in the air for now. Temps are a little warm but still able to be touched with the bare hand. Just water is in the tubing also and I plan to put a glycol minutes hopefully.

Quick update. The water filled frame is holding at around 90 degrees. It's working great but I would not advise it for anything above 50 W each unless you are circulating the water. I did find out that liquid silicone is apparently the best liquid out there for cooling. Stitch has a patent on liquid cooled LEDs that I found to be very interesting. Seems like that's where the industry might be heading. Look it up if you got time.

You could put some radiator fins on it.

Omg I just had a wicked idea. Hook it up to the cold water supply on your hot water heater. Pre charge the hot water and always have a steady supply of cold water coming in. Now that's some large scale stuff to consider.

Back