Grow Mediums Setting Up Your Auto Pots

Mine always looked dry on top but if I stick my finger in the coco I can feel the moisture.
yes i tried that it seems all good thanks for putting me at ease i can feel its not dry further down:pass::drool:

Thanks pops - Great tutorial!! I was baffled with the lack of instructions with my autopots! No mention anywhere of the little square thing on their video guides! :D

They seem to be the business!

:d5:

:slap:

If I'm going to be running four 15L/3.9gal Airpots w/Airdomes how much coco coir would I need? Would a 40 to 50 liters be enough if I'm also going to mix with perlite? Then what brand of coco coir would you recommend?

Sorry I didn't see this soon. Not often a comment here. I'd say 40 liters of coco and 20L of perlite. I like Bontanicare coco, have had excellent results with it. I even use it in my outdoor raised beds to mix with soil instead of peat.

If I'm going to be running four 15L/3.9gal Airpots w/Airdomes how much coco coir would I need? Would a 40 to 50 liters be enough if I'm also going to mix with perlite? Then what brand of coco coir would you recommend?

@pop22 I've just started researching autopots and I'm not exactly sure about nutes. Would I use hydroponic nutes?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
You can use pretty much any mineral based nutrients... Organic nutes are not recommended because they will clog up the lines.

Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect lineup makes things as simple as possible though... I never check or adjust the pH of my res and have never had a bad grow using them.

Be sure to check out my Autopot Grow/Guide for some good info... All the links in my sig are Autopot grows as well.

You can use pretty much any mineral based nutrients... Organic nutes are not recommended because they will clog up the lines.

Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect lineup makes things as simple as possible though... I never check or adjust the pH of my res and have never had a bad grow using them.

Be sure to check out my Autopot Grow/Guide for some good info... All the links in my sig are Autopot grows as well.
Thank you very much, I'm just trying to get this all figured out before I jump in prematurely. I've only used organic nutes so switching to autopots will be a big change for me but something I really want to try.

Thank you very much, I'm just trying to get this all figured out before I jump in prematurely. I've only used organic nutes so switching to autopots will be a big change for me but something I really want to try.

No problem, yeah you'll find all the info you need here... AN nutes and Coco is what I'd recommend for monster plants. ;)

No problem, yeah you'll find all the info you need here... AN nutes and Coco is what I'd recommend for monster plants. ;)
Might as well keep with the all new to me theme and go coco. I better stash a lot of meds before I go screwing up my fist couple of autopot grows lol.

Hi guys

Just a few questions, as I am really thinking of getting the autopot with airdome
Probably run the 2 x 8.5lt option that they have, going to go 3x3x6 tent

1) With regards to the res, do you put it outside the tent or inside the tent? personal preference?
2) Do you need have any pumps oxygenating the water in the res, or leave that for the airdome in the pot itself?
3) Would a 35lt/hr pump be sufficient for the airdomes?

Thanks

Back