Grow Mediums Setting Up Your Auto Pots

how full is the autopot resevoir supposed to fill? Mine wont stop filling up about one inch, to the top neck of the collar where the hose comes in. I don't think its working right, it looks like its feeding it a continuous giant gulp rather than little sips

how full is the autopot resevoir supposed to fill? Mine wont stop filling up about one inch, to the top neck of the collar where the hose comes in. I don't think its working right, it looks like its feeding it a continuous giant gulp rather than little sips
The tray fills up about 3/4" (20mm). Not quite sure what you're saying... is the water level always staying full? What is supposed to happen is once it fills up the tray it shouldn't refill it again until they have emptied it (just about anyway). So you should be able to see various levels throughout the day if the valves are working properly.

thanks. by looking at the valve I figured the water would only rise a cm or so. read the 20mm level on their website so I guess it is working

just seemed like the water's not really getting sucked up by the soil, though the plant is still only a few weeks old and not yet the width of the pot.

thanks. by looking at the valve I figured the water would only rise a cm or so. read the 20mm level on their website so I guess it is working

just seemed like the water's not really getting sucked up by the soil, though the plant is still only a few weeks old and not yet the width of the pot.
I measure the depth of the water in my reservoir daily to give me an idea of how much water they are taking up. I'm amazed at how much these ladies can take up when they are bigger.

Last edited:
just a quick question if anyone can help i turned my autos on yday i checked the roots to make sure they were at the bottom so from now on will my coco look bone dry at the top as its my first time using these as on pot looks that way

just a quick question if anyone can help i turned my autos on yday i checked the roots to make sure they were at the bottom so from now on will my coco look bone dry at the top as its my first time using these as on pot looks that way
Mine always looked dry on top but if I stick my finger in the coco I can feel the moisture.

Back