Grow Mediums Setting Up Your Auto Pots

Hi guys

Just a few questions, as I am really thinking of getting the autopot with airdome
Probably run the 2 x 8.5lt option that they have, going to go 3x3x6 tent

1) With regards to the res, do you put it outside the tent or inside the tent? personal preference?
2) Do you need have any pumps oxygenating the water in the res, or leave that for the airdome in the pot itself?
3) Would a 35lt/hr pump be sufficient for the airdomes?

Thanks
Hey bro, I wouldn't recommend getting the "easy2grow" system with the two pots in one tray if that's what you were thinking, those are not ideal for weed plants as they are way to close together... You can however get a 2 pot system (single trays) and use the 8.5L pots in them since they are the same size footprint as the 15L pots.

Your res should be placed outside the tent for a couple reasons... one so it won't take up any growing space, but mainly so your res stays at ambient temps and is not heated up by the lights... Some people use a small pump in the res mainly just to keep things mixed up but it's not a requirement... I've done several grows with and without.

As for the air pump for the airdomes, I'm not sure exactly what the recommend airflow rating is if there is one... I think there was a thread in this section with some discussion on it you can search for... It's not really like DWC or something though where there is an exact calculation... The pump I use for my 2x15L pots is rated at 1.3L/min if that helps.

Hey bro, I wouldn't recommend getting the "easy2grow" system with the two pots in one tray if that's what you were thinking, those are not ideal for weed plants as they are way to close together... You can however get a 2 pot system (single trays) and use the 8.5L pots in them since they are the same size footprint as the 15L pots.

Your res should be placed outside the tent for a couple reasons... one so it won't take up any growing space, but mainly so your res stays at ambient temps and is not heated up by the lights... Some people use a small pump in the res mainly just to keep things mixed up but it's not a requirement... I've done several grows with and without.

As for the air pump for the airdomes, I'm not sure exactly what the recommend airflow rating is if there is one... I think there was a thread in this section with some discussion on it you can search for... It's not really like DWC or something though where there is an exact calculation... The pump I use for my 2x15L pots is rated at 1.3L/min if that helps.
The one exception on the easy2gro setup is if you are going to train it out in a scrog. That would work well.

@Hansbricks are you working with an enzyme in your tanks? I have read through a couple of your grows but for some reason cannot remember a mention of anything like Biocozyme or anything like that.

The one exception on the easy2gro setup is if you are going to train it out in a scrog. That would work well.

@Hansbricks are you working with an enzyme in your tanks? I have read through a couple of your grows but for some reason cannot remember a mention of anything like Biocozyme or anything like that.
Yeah with a scrog they would be ok but I'd probably still rather have the flexibility of the separate pots. ;)
Nope haven't used any enzyme products, don't know much about them either to be honest... You can see exactly which nutes and supplements I use in the first post of each grow though. :pass:

I'm just trying to get this all figured out before I jump in prematurely. I've only used organic nutes so switching to autopots will be a big change for me but something I really want to try.
Going to AutoPots need not be a radical change. You can still use and get the advantages of the periodic bottom feeding and AirDome aeration without using the AutoValves and a reservoir. And you can retain some "organic" aspects.

After 2 grows using a reservoir with the AutoPots with coco/Hydroton, I now just manually fill each AutoPot reservoir, and run the AirDomes full time (2 L/min./line). I normally feed at 2 mL/L pH Perfect Connoisseur as my base nutes, plus a full spread of AN/the usual additives, plus add 2 mL/L of "organic" base nutes, either AN Mother Earth Super Tea (3-2-5) or Bio-Bizz's Bio-Bloom (1-2-2). I presume adding a good dose of "organic" base nutes to my usual full dose of AN base nutes can't hurt, can only help; and I do this throughout the plant's lifetime. I see no deficiencies or excesses, get very good potency and average/normal yield. Or you can always just manually bottom feed your AutoPot plants "organic" nutes only.

Can you use pro mix HP and added perlite or is coco coir the medium of choice?

Can you use pro mix HP and added perlite or is coco coir the medium of choice?
I'm sure some would disagree, but these seem to work with any medium. I would not be surprised if an experienced grower filled them with gravel and managed a good yeild. :rofl:

Quick question I believe I already know the answer but want others opinions with more experience then me. If I go with the 3.9gallon pots would that be just as good as the 5 gallon fabric pots I'm currently using. Basically will my plants at least stay the same size I'm sure they'll probably still get bigger even with smaller pot. Thanks for any help

I believe the auto post are superior to fabric pots. Here's one plant in a 3.9 gal. pot, coco and Growmore Seagrow for nutrients. The space is 4'x4'x7'4". And My current 4 plant grow is making this one look sick!

Shining Silver Haze pic2 -11-5-2016.jpg

Quick question I believe I already know the answer but want others opinions with more experience then me. If I go with the 3.9gallon pots would that be just as good as the 5 gallon fabric pots I'm currently using. Basically will my plants at least stay the same size I'm sure they'll probably still get bigger even with smaller pot. Thanks for any help

Why do all that fussing when the res/valve system works so well?

Going to AutoPots need not be a radical change. You can still use and get the advantages of the periodic bottom feeding and AirDome aeration without using the AutoValves and a reservoir. And you can retain some "organic" aspects.

After 2 grows using a reservoir with the AutoPots with coco/Hydroton, I now just manually fill each AutoPot reservoir, and run the AirDomes full time (2 L/min./line). I normally feed at 2 mL/L pH Perfect Connoisseur as my base nutes, plus a full spread of AN/the usual additives, plus add 2 mL/L of "organic" base nutes, either AN Mother Earth Super Tea (3-2-5) or Bio-Bizz's Bio-Bloom (1-2-2). I presume adding a good dose of "organic" base nutes to my usual full dose of AN base nutes can't hurt, can only help; and I do this throughout the plant's lifetime. I see no deficiencies or excesses, get very good potency and average/normal yield. Or you can always just manually bottom feed your AutoPot plants "organic" nutes only.

Back