Indoor Seedstockers Candy Dawg Kush - DWC - Megacrop

Nice progress!

Probably an obvious question but, when you are adjusting the ph back to 5.8-ish, are you adding directly to the reservoir? And I'm guessing that's after adding your new water back in? Mix, test, adjust?
Completely correct..

Here is the order in which I do it:
1- I measure the PH.
2- Add in new fertilized water. (I already adjust the PH of this to get the total PH down..)
3- Wait a while. (So the added water with lower PH has a chance to mix in)
4- Tap half a liter of liquid from the bucket.. into a measuring cup
5- Measure the ph of the water in the measuring cup.
6- If PH is where you want it go to step 10. otherwise just continue.
7- Add a couple of drops of PH- or PH+ to the the measuring cup and stir..
8- Add the contents of the measuring cup back to the bucket..
9- Go to step 3.
10- Add the contents of the measuring cup back to the bucket.. --> DONE!

Maybe @Mañ'O'Green has an improved technique though! :toke:

I see. So you extract a bit, adjust, add it back in, and check again. Cool. Thanks!

Do you have a tap/bung (haha) for extraction? I've been thinking about building a bucket with an outlet to make res changes easy. I could probably just drop a small pond or aquarium pump in for a few minutes.

This sort of thing plumbed into a better bucket:

Bucket-with-tap-e1478168491950.jpg

Nice progress!

Probably an obvious question but, when you are adjusting the ph back to 5.8-ish, are you adding directly to the reservoir? And I'm guessing that's after adding your new water back in? Mix, test, adjust?
Never add PH buffers directly to a reservoir, always dilute it first.

Confirmed female!
She looks like starting her flowering session.
P1030466.JPG

first-flower.jpg

Confirmed female!

Ph 5.99 not as high as usual lately..
Added 2 fertilized liters again.
Overshot the ph a little. it is now at: 5.78.

I will do an extra check tomorrow morning, to see if the PH has plummeted.. :shrug:

Overall:
P1030463.JPG

P1030464.JPG

Have a nice and high weekend!

:dragon8:

Never add PH buffers directly to a reservoir, always dilute it first.
There are a lot of similarities between keeping fish in a fish tank and DWC, this rule also applies for fish tanks for example.. It could kill your fish!

@Wian she is just showing sex that is not starting to flower yet.

This is the start of floweing and transition week for your nutrients go wit 50% Veg and 50% bloom nutrients and a little boost of PK

Transition week.JPG

The the following week transition to full flower nutrients.

Start Flower Nutrients.jpg

Just checked the PH quickly.. it was at 6.18 so that's ok for now..

@Wian she is just showing sex that is not starting to flower yet.

This is the start of floweing and transition week for your nutrients go wit 50% Veg and 50% bloom nutrients and a little boost of PK

View attachment 1312925

The the following week transition to full flower nutrients.

View attachment 1312924
I know it is just showing sex, I am just being impatient :yay:

But you could advise me on what dosing I should do for flowering or the transition to flowering...

The 50% veg and 50% bloom is confusing me, so if Mega Crop is veg, and PK boost is not bloom.... Which is the bloom fertilizer??

Should I be decreasing the mega crop and increasing PK boost? Keep the Epsom salts stable for that?
Or do you also have those excel sheets for flowering?
Please advise! :worship: :biggrin:

Thanks a bunch!

I see. So you extract a bit, adjust, add it back in, and check again. Cool. Thanks!

Do you have a tap/bung (haha) for extraction? I've been thinking about building a bucket with an outlet to make res changes easy. I could probably just drop a small pond or aquarium pump in for a few minutes.

This sort of thing plumbed into a better bucket:

Bucket-with-tap-e1478168491950.jpg
My buckets have garden-hose-like tubes on the side, which are used as level indicator, but I can bend them a bit to tap some water.

Just checked the PH quickly.. it was at 6.18 so that's ok for now..

I know it is just showing sex, I am just being impatient :yay:

But you could advise me on what dosing I should do for flowering or the transition to flowering...

The 50% veg and 50% bloom is confusing me, so if Mega Crop is veg, and PK boost is not bloom.... Which is the bloom fertilizer??

Should I be decreasing the mega crop and increasing PK boost? Keep the Epsom salts stable for that?
Or do you also have those excel sheets for flowering?
Please advise! :worship: :biggrin:

Thanks a bunch!

I forgot you are on the one part MC just add a wee bit of P-K. in the transition week.

So bud explosion is needed or can mc 1 part be enough? trying to find a lazy and cheap way to do this.

Back