Dragon Meds Season 3: Uk's Portal takes on Spain(mephisto and sweet)

im thinking 5 started, 2 discarded ... one in prepared soil/direct, one in 20l pot and one in 100l drum ! :pass:

but as we all know ... feb plans turns 2 may to many seeds started :crying:

planning to start 10+ potted seeds strains ... but i have only started to collect pots ... clay pots about 5l is my current target ! have 3 atm :rofl:

Excellent bud!! Sounds like its gonna be an awesome season!! Hoping the weather is decent!!

I am also trying to compile information to find what factors slow down the autoflower cycle. I mean some growers consistently take far longer than others to get their plants chopped. This could be a tool, that could possibly be used to force longer periods of stretch. Totally all theory of course, but one that interests me a great deal!!
here a lil thing i read the other day by @slowandeasy

Transplanting is actually beneficial if done right. The roots develop faster in smaller containers and the plants eat more/faster. No stress in transplanting if done right and in the right time frame. If you wait to long to transplant they can get rootbound effects. If you do it too soon, you can damage the roots. But I have a good system, I start them in cups and transplant around day 7-11. They grow faster this way than directly planting in final pot.

sounds like somthing to think about also i feel type of pot used will make a difference plastic / fabric /airpot/ autopots
:pass:

Transplanting is actually beneficial if done right. The roots develop faster in smaller containers and the plants eat more/faster. No stress in transplanting if done right and in the right time frame. If you wait to long to transplant they can get rootbound effects. If you do it too soon, you can damage the roots. But I have a good system, I start them in cups and transplant around day 7-11. They grow faster this way than directly planting in final pot.

sounds like somthing to think about also i feel type of pot used will make a difference plastic / fabric /airpot/ autopots

@slowandeasy might very well be onto something! I like the way they grow in small 16oz cups early stage as well(10 days max). Absolutely right about the proper timing being important for transplant success.

I can tell you without a doubt that pot size can effect growth, sexing, and overall length of cycle. I know for a fact that the Root System is primarily responsible for kicking your plants into flowering with Autos. Mephisto transplants, and I do too. You can do it a couple different ways. I believe Mitch let's his go until they show sex, then transplants. I use smaller cups to start seedlings often, they get transplanted around 7-10 days. Basically whatever you try with Autos, the first 2 weeks of the plants life can drastically effect the entire growth cycle. Overwatering will slow root development, which in return slows plant growth and delays sexing. I am very experienced, but ANYONE can add a little tootoo m moisture a little too early and delay things. Perfect example, I have 2 CDLC seedlings. One remained a tad wetter in my little cups, they are on about day 11 or so. I transplanted them 2 days ago. I could see the roots system was better on the one VS the other. It is visibly bigger on top already too.
Adding air injection to your medium will speed up root growth and flowering. I will post a thread up in a day or 2 about my CDLC seedlings. The SMALLER one was given an Airdome on purpose. I want to show people how much the Airdome speeds things up. I can put money on it that once I turn on the Airdome that the smaller plant will take over within a few days.

I can tell you without a doubt that pot size can effect growth, sexing, and overall length of cycle. I know for a fact that the Root System is primarily responsible for kicking your plants into flowering with Autos. Mephisto transplants, and I do too. You can do it a couple different ways. I believe Mitch let's his go until they show sex, then transplants. I use smaller cups to start seedlings often, they get transplanted around 7-10 days. Basically whatever you try with Autos, the first 2 weeks of the plants life can drastically effect the entire growth cycle. Overwatering will slow root development, which in return slows plant growth and delays sexing. I am very experienced, but ANYONE can add a little tootoo m moisture a little too early and delay things. Perfect example, I have 2 CDLC seedlings. One remained a tad wetter in my little cups, they are on about day 11 or so. I transplanted them 2 days ago. I could see the roots system was better on the one VS the other. It is visibly bigger on top already too.
Adding air injection to your medium will speed up root growth and flowering. I will post a thread up in a day or 2 about my CDLC seedlings. The SMALLER one was given an Airdome on purpose. I want to show people how much the Airdome speeds things up. I can put money on it that once I turn on the Airdome that the smaller plant will take over within a few days.

Cool bud...it all makes sense what you are saying for sure, right down to "ANYONE can add a little tootoo m moisture a little too early and delay things" I grow 5-8 strains during the winter months and often give a little much to a sensitive strain or two.

I am very interested in the airdomes...shoot me a tag when you get it up and running!

Cool bud...it all makes sense what you are saying for sure, right down to "ANYONE can add a little tootoo m moisture a little too early and delay things" I grow 5-8 strains during the winter months and often give a little much to a sensitive strain or two.

I am very interested in the airdomes...shoot me a tag when you get it up and running!
Bottom feeding will help reduce your over watering. Drenching medium from the top on brand new seedlings doesn't help. Use a cup inside of a cup method to water. Just enough water to wick up almost instantly. This will promote downward growth of roots. It is better to water more often, but with minimal water vs adding too much just ONCE. Once you drench your medium, the roots have no incentive to grow. Roots SEEK moisture. No need to seek if your medium is wet.

Bottom feeding will help reduce your over watering. Drenching medium from the top on brand new seedlings doesn't help. Use a cup inside of a cup method to water. Just enough water to wick up almost instantly. This will promote downward growth of roots. It is better to water more often, but with minimal water vs adding too much just ONCE. Once you drench your medium, the roots have no incentive to grow. Roots SEEK moisture. No need to seek if your medium is wet.

I usually only have the problem here and there to be honest...there is a few strains/plants though that do seem quite susceptible to over watering. DP Bluberry photoperiod is one of those plants that likes it dry...scary dry!! I'll have to try bottom watering with her when i start one up.

I usually only have the problem here and there to be honest...there is a few strains/plants though that do seem quite susceptible to over watering. DP Bluberry photoperiod is one of those plants that likes it dry...scary dry!! I'll have to try bottom watering with her when i start one up.
Try it on more than just that strain, you might have even better results on the ones not susceptible to overwatering. I use clear cups to clone and start seedlings. Have seen hundreds upon hundreds of plants this way. The secret to rapid root and plant growth is proper moisture level in medium. Give it a whirl, I think you will like the results. Good luck, slow

Try it on more than just that strain, you might have even better results on the ones not susceptible to overwatering. I use clear cups to clone and start seedlings. Have seen hundreds upon hundreds of plants this way. The secret to rapid root and plant growth is proper moisture level in medium. Give it a whirl, I think you will like the results. Good luck, slow

Truth be told my friend...about the last thing i need is for my photoperiod strains to be even bigger!! :D
Largest from last season...trained into a rectangle shape 10feet X 12feet...this pic is showing the short side
IMG_6008.JPG

IMG_57509.jpg

Truth be told my friend...about the last thing i need is for my photoperiod strains to be even bigger!! :D
Largest from last season...trained into a rectangle shape 10feet X 12feet...this pic is showing the short side
View attachment 863526

View attachment 863527
I hear you about PHOTO plant size. I am strictly talking about AUTOS. AUTOS are different and if you want to actually finish them on time and have best results the first 2 weeks are Critical. I would say that the majority of people who have extended cycles on Auto grows simply overwatered or stressed the plant in first 2 weeks. Plus excessively large pots will also extend flowering, which is why I use stupidly small containers for most of my Autos now. With 2 gal pots my plants get huge.

Back