Photoperiod SanLight S4W LED Review on organic soil by Clockwork Orange

How time flies...yeah i think they belong to the top 10 Led applications. But i really dont know its my first led lights. Just researched the sh+t out the interweb b4 the final buy decision, you may know i was going to get @GrowNorthern lights but they took longer than i could wait. Still hot on those.Lets see what future brings- i would have fun comparing those to the others tent by tent. That would be lovely. Trying to got back to nature more but i am a split personaltiy since those Leds hit my cabin :cooldance::rofl:

Edit: I may shoud've mentioned that i just wasnt very comfortable buying lights i did not find ANY real grow log/review ever but one timelapse youtube video where the dude has a truckload of those hanging fix at the ceiling....here:

Yeah leds rock! I learned quickly not to keep them too close. It seems very easy to provide more light than the plants can handle with led. When I switched to the cobs I had to leave 4 CFL bulbs in my tent just to keep the temp up during winter. Those 4 CFL bulbs doubled my power consumption lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah leds rock! I learned quickly not to keep them too close. It seems very easy to provide more light than the plants can handle with led. When I switched to the cobs I had to leave 4 CFL bulbs in my tent just to keep the temp up during winter. Those 4 CFL bulbs doubled my power consumption lol.

Can be an issue! Did you ever thought about heating pads on the ground? Will be less power i think and heat goes up...and the roots like it warm i think. At least i thought about that.

Thank you!
Yes, i think they can do even better but it was a bit strange at the beginning because now i had to look out for to low temps instead of to hot - put one more s4w bar in the tent and its a real deal! Think there is some improvement next time. In terms of user friendlyness they are really good. Just get some easy rolls and just go for it.

Thanks again! They stayed around 80-100cm only but still will yield a few g's. Some good phenos in there...hope those seeds will be good 2.
for sure you have some weight in there

Can be an issue! Did you ever thought about heating pads on the ground? Will be less power i think and heat goes up...and the roots like it warm i think. At least i thought about that.
I thought about it, tried to find one of those tube heaters but they aren't available in the states. Easiest thing I could do is use the lights I had. I figured I might as well get heat and some bonus light from them. I ran the cfls 24 hours and cycled my cobs 19/5 seemed to work fairly well, kept temps around 70° instead of the 60° it was at.

for sure you have some weight in there

If i can make it happen i'll pack a 4th S4W bar in there next run. The good thing with these is you can power up your spot in PAR-Watts without making the spot desert hot. I am sooo in harvest mood dude, have been starving for a proper bud the last time. Glad i finally extracted my blueberry auto plant to 3grams of black dopenes, dont know how all those peeps get clear extracts, i filter but still get really dark stuff. blackish-brown. but potent.

I thought about it, tried to find one of those tube heaters but they aren't available in the states. Easiest thing I could do is use the lights I had. I figured I might as well get heat and some bonus light from them. I ran the cfls 24 hours and cycled my cobs 19/5 seemed to work fairly well, kept temps around 70° instead of the 60° it was at.

I'd rather turn on the room heating. Leaving the lights on willonly work for auto growers and i am indeed more on the pp side. +i wanted to cut bills, increase growth,resin pod.+quality and using old light as heating devices would just not make me happy! :coffee2: There will be a proper way to handle it. I will share anything i come up with. SO far i went with room heating so the temps didnt drop at night under 20°C and thats perfect.

I'd rather turn on the room heating. Leaving the lights on willonly work for auto growers and i am indeed more on the pp side. +i wanted to cut bills, increase growth,resin pod.+quality and using old light as heating devices would just not make me happy! :coffee2: There will be a proper way to handle it. I will share anything i come up with. SO far i went with room heating so the temps didnt drop at night under 20°C and thats perfect.
I grow in a dirt basement, there is no heat vent, that much air blowing around would make a ton of dust.

I grow in a dirt basement, there is no heat vent, that much air blowing around would make a ton of dust.

I know remember you quote on that...and a non vent heater? I'd make a carpet out of this geotex stuff or just get an old carpet from the scratch and clean it before using
upload_2017-5-12_21-2-54.jpeg

I know remember you quote on that...and a non vent heater? I'd make a carpet out of this geotex stuff or just get an old carpet from the scratch and clean it before using
View attachment 747960
We have forced hot air. I've been considering something to put down to limit the dust but idk everything is good for now. Too many other projects going on, mostly growing weed lol.

We have forced hot air. I've been considering something to put down to limit the dust but idk everything is good for now. Too many other projects going on, mostly growing weed lol.

I'd just keep an open eye..oportunity comes- just grab that nasty carpet!:rofl::thumbsup:

Back