SANlight SANlight Q6W test grow

Thank you so much @arty zan :pass::bighug: this post couldn't have been timed any better... it's the subject me and the misses have been investigating for our daytime disguises (if what a little slowly over the past few weeks)... over the past 12 months the misses has falling into the world of becoming an Instagram influencer (Gin is the product). It's all getting a little serious now and we have been upping the studio equipment. Getting rid of the old set ups we have and are moving over to a studio set up more geared for phones... even though we are both photographers... (well the misses finished the degree and became a teacher in the subject so she can have that title... I became a DJ towards the end of our education (2001) and did my best trying to be like my rock hero's from the 80's but with glow sticks, set of CDJ's and a pair of wicked psychedelic trousers ;) )... we have both decided to give up the SLR (not fully) and we have set our selves a brief (can you tell my misses comes from a teaching background) that we can only use our phones for our chosen subjects (AFN is one of those). If its Instagram we only edit on the phone, if it web site/ blog then the full photoshop on the laptop is aloud... by doing this the time we have saved is massive, a post takes 5min when it used to take any where from 1/2hr to 1hr with the SLR... I'm doing a similar thing with my Youtube channel (none canna) so this list of kit is like rocking horse shit for me... I've been trying out few cheap lenes from amazon, got some great affects but not really what I was looking for. Again thank you for the links, that's my Sunday researching for today :thumbsup:

right its Mothers day and I got a BBQ to get ready for the family and friends... have good day @arty zan and @St. Tom will be about late on tonight :pass:
Cheers @Slater and I'm glad my research has been useful to you!
I'm sure there will be some good hints, that @St. Tom and I can pick from you guys as well!
Caring is sharing and the peeps at AFN never fail in that respect, we all do our part to help each other along.
It's great that using your camera phones is reducing you work load, giving you more time to do other things.
Nice you became part DJ, although my music taste is very eclectic, I was into to Chicago and Detroit house in the 80's which lead into Acid House, Jungle Tekno, and everything else that became the Rave Scene.
I was a raver for many years and still occasionally go out to the odd trance night, even if I'm approaching 50 Lol! I can still kick with the best of them but it is the come downs, that truly take their toll these days and my body also takes a little longer to repair itself!
I'll leave you with with one more possible photographic toy/s, seeing as you and your missus are both into (or have been) into SLR/DLSR (and possibly mirrorless cameras).
Sony (and possibly other companies) have something which is call a lens only camera.
There are several models to choose from, depending on what you want from a camera.
The idea is you clip the lens to your phone and they communicate via - Wireless Interface:Wireless LAN, NFC (Near Field Communication). NFC means all you have to do is touch the devices together and you get an instant connection (no PITA setting up involved)!
Sony Lens less camera models QX10, QX30, QX100 &
ILCE-QX1 are some to checkout, I normally go find link to all of them but I am time limited today as I have to work.
Kodak also do a lensless camera -
KODAK SL25 Smart Lens Camera.
Once you start looking there maybe more Lens only cameras out there but these are the ones I have looked at!
I'm considering the QX100, as it seems to suit my needs best, the Q30 has 30x zoom but I don't think I need that.
I'll buy second hand to save some money, ebay and amazon have a fair few second hand lens only cameras.
I mentioned the lens clips on to the phone but it doesn't have to it can be used separately at a distance, the further away the lens goes from the phone the longer the data takes to reach the phone over wifi.
Seeing as these are lens only cameras, your phone acts as the viewfinder.
For most applications I would have the two close and generally attached.
Here is a video review of the QX10 & QXD100, try to watch a few reviews, not all reviewers have the same opinion but with everything, it depends on how to like to take photos in different situations etc.

Week 9 update day 64 things are coming along nicely my big lady at the back looks pretty ugly with her burnt tips but shes filling out nicely anyhow today's pics I tried live focus to blur the background out slightly so hopefully my pics will get a little better as I get to grips with my s9 plus camera also the 2nd pic is my short stuff amnesia cbd lady also @Slater do you use live focus

Screenshot_20190401-140758_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190401-135932_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190401-140704_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190401-140742_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
3 of these girls are connected to a 47 ltr res with autopots so that was my problem the back big lady she couldn't handle the same feed as the others and she was a little bit yellowing then I upped her feed and got burned tips but seems I'm approaching week 9 I think I'm in the best place I can be with her as after this weeks feeds finished I may flush 2 of them or as soon as trichomes tell me 2
what up @St. Tom what about the trich's did they turn or stay translucent nice job plants looking good

Will start doing my checks this week my friend as there just over 9 weeks old pics will be incoming in a day or 2

Will start doing my checks this week my friend as there just over 9 weeks old pics will be incoming in a day or 2
@St. Tom what up my friend have you ever stalk split? I have 1 OG Kush that is out of control broke some of the tallest branchs I"ll take some pic's 2morrow have a good 1 my friend

@St. Tom what up my friend have you ever stalk split? I have 1 OG Kush that is out of control broke some of the tallest branchs I"ll take some pic's 2morrow have a good 1 my friend
yes i have my friend what age is the lady in my experience if they're healthy enough they bounce back even if its the main stalk but if your talking about super cropping if need be i bend the shit out of mine but if you have a bad split stick tape round it keep it together anyhow couple of mid week pics im super happy with these ladys and the front left is now on water for a week and is 70days old in 4 days and i need to get cracking on bringing her down and then i can give the big back girl a little bit more love and tidy her up as i feel i let myself down badly with her and i should of flushed her but my girls got 2 big to move them in and out of my tent
Screenshot_20190403-100344_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190403-100327_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190403-100359_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190403-100350_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190403-100553_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190403-100249_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190403-100254_Gallery.jpg

Super thick colas !!!

Super thick colas !!!
there crazy pal like 2 litre coke bottles and that front girl on the right is approaching 60 days old shes a week behind her sisters and in an airpot not an autopot maybe that's why but id still prefer an easy life of not top feeding and thanks again my friend the sanlights are amazing

yes i have my friend what age is the lady in my experience if they're healthy enough they bounce back even if its the main stalk but if your talking about super cropping if need be i bend the shit out of mine but if you have a bad split stick tape round it keep it together anyhow couple of mid week pics im super happy with these ladys and the front left is now on water for a week and is 70days old in 4 days and i need to get cracking on bringing her down and then i can give the big back girl a little bit more love and tidy her up as i feel i let myself down badly with her and i should of flushed her but my girls got 2 big to move them in and out of my tent
View attachment 1038831 View attachment 1038832 View attachment 1038833 View attachment 1038834 View attachment 1038835 View attachment 1038836 View attachment 1038837
Wowza Tom! I see plenty of trimming in the future

Back