SANlight SANlight Q6W test grow

The stand that come with it was crap I bought this one for about 20 quid keeps it very stable I'm going to try get the most out of my s9 plus and watch some tutorials on utube also thanks for all the links it must of took you a while to find them im very grateful
View attachment 1036954
Yeah mines is a cheap stand and for £20 I reckon I should get one like yours!! Was it of of Ebay?
Youtube has loads of great tutorials for phone photos and filming.
I have recently been watching a lot since buying my S8 with the hope my photography will improve.
I am also looking in to the filming side of as well and have bought several phone lens cases and lenses.
I now have a Camkix case with 13.2 mm screw thread, a Dckina case with a 13.3 mm case and a Moment V2 case
Lens Cases for S8 (FILEminimizer)_Fotor.jpg

Lenses _Fotor.jpg

No worries on the links, I had been doing this research for myself so I had them bookmarked already.
Although in trying to find all these cases and lenses did take me many hours, nothing is ever a simple as you first imagine.
Although the iPhone X flagship phone is inferior when it comes to the camera, to the Samsung S10 flagship camera phone and Huawei's flagship P30 camera phone!
It is still the iphone that gets all the cases and add ons because they are seen as trendy, even though Samsung phones are the number 1 seller and Hauwei is now number two best selling, leaving the iPhone in third place in the sale race!
Go figure eh?

Yeah mines is a cheap stand and for £20 I reckon I should get one like yours!! Was it of of Ebay?
Youtube has loads of great tutorials for phone photos and filming.
I have recently been watching a lot since buying my S8 with the hope my photography will improve.
I am also looking in to the filming side of as well and have bought several phone lens cases and lenses.
I now have a Camkix case with 13.2 mm screw thread, a Dckina case with a 13.3 mm case and a Moment V2 case
No worries on the links, I had been doing this research for myself so I had them bookmarked already.
Although in trying to find all these cases and lenses did take me many hours, nothing is ever a simple as you first imagine.
Although the iPhone X flagship phone is inferior when it comes to the camera, to the Samsung S10 flagship camera phone and Huawei's flagship P30 camera phone!
It is still the iphone that gets all the cases and add ons because they are seen as trendy, even though Samsung phones are the number 1 seller and Hauwei is now number two best selling, leaving the iPhone in third place in the sale race!
Go figure eh?
I was torn between is it a p30 pro or the s9 plus it was all about camera and I seen the slow mo feature and thought as I just had my new pup I could get some great shots of her and I got cracking vids of her biting things it looks epic anyhow I tried a couple more shots before with the pro setting enabled but its gonna take a while to get them right also the stand I got off Amazon I think I could link it if ya want
Screenshot_20190330-171936_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190330-171955_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190330-171946_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190330-172008_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190330-172003_Gallery.jpg

I was torn between is it a p30 pro or the s9 plus it was all about camera and I seen the slow mo feature and thought as I just had my new pup I could get some great shots of her and I got cracking vids of her biting things it looks epic anyhow I tried a couple more shots before with the pro setting enabled but its gonna take a while to get them right also the stand I got off Amazon I think I could link it if ya want
View attachment 1037096 View attachment 1037097 View attachment 1037098 View attachment 1037099 View attachment 1037100
Most my pics are taken with the S9 plus. I still use the USB scope to get up close and personal when just scanning around.

Most my pics are taken with the S9 plus. I still use the USB scope to get up close and personal when just scanning around.
Do you use the pro settings at all bushy if so please share

View attachment 1037096 View attachment 1037097 View attachment 1037098 View attachment 1037099 View attachment 1037100
Samsung S10+ still beats the P30+ on an overall scale, the P30 has the best nighttime camera and has the best stabilisation.

Mr.Whoestheboss on youtube does an amazing comparison side by side with the P30,S10 & iPhone x.
Seeing as I don't need nighttime pictures and also I have a DJI Osmo 2 gimbal, Samsung S10 would be my go to for a camera phone but that is a personal preference, some might go for the P30, it all depends what you want.
In the meantime I will get lots of practice on my S8 as I wait for the S10 to come down in price, which should be late summer.

I'd love a S9+ and then I could get the "Moment Anamorphic Lens" for shooting video.

I'd love a S9+ and then I could get the "Moment Anamorphic Lens" for shooting video.
here ya go 17 pounds it was pal its quite sturdy

Attachments

• stand.PNG
    stand.PNG
    212.6 KB · Views: 48
Hi @Slater

Unfortunately "Moment" no longer support S8 and now only support s8+ and up, a real pain in the arse I know.
I managed to bid and win the only available S8 "Moment case" in the world! I also paid over the ods for it , as it was as rare as hens teeth and I wasn't not going to get it (sorry other bidder lol)
Sounds a bit far fetched I know but I really did search the web high and low and there aint another one available anywhere for sale! Anyone who knows me, knows when I search/research anything on the internet, I go the whole nine yards and then some!
The Moment S8 case was released as part of their Kickstarter campaign and has since been discontinued, since then they have moved on to only supplying phones cases for the S8+ (iphones too) and up, with these awesome lenses and cases. However my Moment S8 case doesn't fit their flagship "Anamorphic lens" with horizontal flare , for that cinematographic film look when filming on the phone.
So I will buy another phone at some point and get the case for the anamorphic lens, so I can get a professional film look, when I'm filming.

However it is not all bad news as a company called "Dckina" have a "threaded case" for a whole array of nice lenses.
I think it is the same case "Camkix" uses and I think Camkix has just added their logo on the case (see Ebay for the Camkix case with lenses bundle). the camkix bundle is less than £20
The basic Dckina case has a 13.2 mm thread and has loads of lenses to choose from and buy.
Then you can get a step up lense ring adapter to 37 mm which will accept real camera lenses.
Dckina do a case for the S8 but unfortunately, not a S9 case (or I would have mentioned it to Tom yesterday)
Here is a link to the Dckina s8 case - https://dckina.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2052
Here is a link to their 13.2 mm lenses - https://dckina.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_128
Here is a link to the 37 mm adapter kit - https://dckina.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_344_347&zenid=3b493f8a1850ff2e09aebf29c04ab639
Here is a link to their 37 mm lenses - https://dckina.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_344_346
Dckina isn't the easiest website to navigate , which is why I added all the relevant links.

Now here are some universal mobile phone camera lens frames for both @St. Tom & @Slater and the they really are beasts!
They are by a company called "Beastgrip" and they are next level frames and lenses for mobile phones.
You both should really check this company out, if you want to up your camera game on your smart phones.
Beastgrip main shop with the frames up front on the page - https://beastgrip.com/collections/shop-now
Beastgrip lenses link - https://beastgrip.com/collections/shop-now/lenses-adapters

I love that people are using phones for photography with stunning results.
These days it is more like you are buying a camera which just happens to be a phone and a million other useful devices once you have loaded the relevant app!
I'll be sure to come by and check your grow @ slater and come look a you pics!
Have a great day chaps, I won't be around much as I have work to get on with but I will pop in from time to time to see what's crackin!
:pass:Arty:bighug:

Thank you so much @arty zan :pass::bighug: this post couldn't have been timed any better... it's the subject me and the misses have been investigating for our daytime disguises (if what a little slowly over the past few weeks)... over the past 12 months the misses has falling into the world of becoming an Instagram influencer (Gin is the product). It's all getting a little serious now and we have been upping the studio equipment. Getting rid of the old set ups we have and are moving over to a studio set up more geared for phones... even though we are both photographers... (well the misses finished the degree and became a teacher in the subject so she can have that title... I became a DJ towards the end of our education (2001) and did my best trying to be like my rock hero's from the 80's but with glow sticks, set of CDJ's and a pair of wicked psychedelic trousers ;) )... we have both decided to give up the SLR (not fully) and we have set our selves a brief (can you tell my misses comes from a teaching background) that we can only use our phones for our chosen subjects (AFN is one of those). If its Instagram we only edit on the phone, if it web site/ blog then the full photoshop on the laptop is aloud... by doing this the time we have saved is massive, a post takes 5min when it used to take any where from 1/2hr to 1hr with the SLR... I'm doing a similar thing with my Youtube channel (none canna) so this list of kit is like rocking horse shit for me... I've been trying out few cheap lenes from amazon, got some great affects but not really what I was looking for. Again thank you for the links, that's my Sunday researching for today :thumbsup:

right its Mothers day and I got a BBQ to get ready for the family and friends... have good day @arty zan and @St. Tom will be about late on tonight :pass:

Back