Extraction RosinTech Smash review - great press

Great questions bud!! To be honest I have been running almost only kief on the press and 25 and 45 bags both press awesome. I dont pay attention to yields, but double press kief bags is close to 50% return on the one run i payed attention.
when i run some bud, i will tag you in...planning on running some flower and trim to see how it does. I really need to get or make a prepress.
I would also like some information on optimal sized bags for flower. Anyone @Global Moderators @CannaZone Tier 1 @CannaZone Tier 2 @CannaZone Tier 3

Ran another batch today...nice stuff!!
View attachment 1041926

View attachment 1041927

View attachment 1041928
this stuff is exciting! I can see the future, 2many flowers to vape/smoke, time to squeeze!

Getting the right size prepress makes all the difference in a good pressing. I built my own 1.25 x 1.75 inch. It holds a little over 3 grams of bud for my 3x4 plates. It leaves about 3/8 inch all around the puck on the plates when pressed. I do not use bags for flower. I have found that with the right prepress they just are not needed. I was wasting to much rosin stuck in the bags and if you press too hard to get it out it just blows the bag. It is also time consuming to load them. If I plan to use the rosin for chocolate bars I press @ 210°F/2.5 minutes for the best yield; usually between 16% to 24% depending on the strain. Then if I want to make vape oil out of the rosin I press @ 185°F/5 minutes. I get a better terpene profile with the lower temperature but at a cost of about 10% on the Yield compared to pressing at the higher temperature.

Back