Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to try to do it completely alcohol free this time. The recipe I have is for 2oz at a time so I'm going to try this first. As soon as my glycerin comes I will be making it. I will of course try it myself before dosing the arthritic pooch. I figure 2oz of tincture is probably a lifetime supply for her. If it works as well as I hope it will, I will make her indica and sativa versions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, it won't hurt to add more in if you find you need it.

Don't sweat it bro...it will work fine...although I think you may want to bump up the amount of glycerin you're using.....it will mellow it out a little, and make the process easier.
So what you're saying is 7 grams of bud for 2oz of glycerin might be too strong for her?

hair_micron.jpg

So what you're saying is 7 grams of bud for 2oz of glycerin might be too strong for her?
Could be. Remember..I make mine with trim. High quality buds could be wicked strong. Also...if it is weaker, it is actually easier to dose for them....give them two or three drops of weaker tincture vs. one drop of strong stuff. Its hard to split one drop, if you need to. I hope I'm making sense here...my brain's not working this morning.

I did 4 grams trim and bud, with a bit of keef to every ounce of VG. It was pretty strong, stronger for casual smokers than for me. The best part of vape stuff is the portability, I take a puff throughout the day at work.

I gave my youngest dog a tiny bit of sativa tincture, and it was like she was on crack for two hours!
Yes! This would really be great for her. I will start dosing once a day in the evening when I'm home to watch her but I believe 2 times a day would keep her more "stable" if you will. I don't want her in pain all day waiting for me to come home and give it to her if it really helps that much.

Do you just bend your stalks or do you put knuckles in them by breaking them?
I hardly every do the same thing twice.. but yes to both. Sometimes I just twist em till the inner hurd breaks, sometimes I just snap em. Other times I just tie em down.. on this particular plant all of the above plus 4 rounds of heavy defoliation.

Yes! This would really be great for her. I will start dosing once a day in the evening when I'm home to watch her but I believe 2 times a day would keep her more "stable" if you will. I don't want her in pain all day waiting for me to come home and give it to her if it really helps that much.
Sounds like a good plan. Based on my casual observations my dog gets about 6 hours of pain relief from one dose...give or take....and he never wakes us up in the middle of the night whining from the pain anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back