Status
Not open for further replies.
All my other GSC's were tasty and packed a good high.
65568436.jpg

That would probably work...I've never done that small of an amount. I usually do about 5-10 ounces of trim, and popcorns to a half gallon of VG....in a crock pot on low for 6 hours, then I turn it off and let it cool overnight. When I wake up, I add about another 10 ounces VG and heat on low for another 4 hours. I read somewhere that VG will only hold so many cannabinoids, so you should add a little more, like that. I don't know how true it is....but it seems to do the trick!:dizzy:
I'm going to have to start on a smaller scale lol. The recipe I found is from a trusted source so I will start with that, if it works well for my pooch I will step up production. I don't have a lot of trim right now so buds it will be.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

the main thing I learned, was that it's better to put the weed in in stages in the crock pot. start with 1/3 of it, and another 1/3 every hour. Then let it go. It's supposed to keep the extraction process active.

edit. I also bought a "potato ricer" press, and some fine micron silk screen to put into it. It should take most of the trouble out of the straining process.

without a press you won't get much back with only two ounces. Even powdered the bud absorbs the VG like a mOf0

you can read about my learning experience in the thread in my signature.
THis is very true.....the VG/bud mixture turns into a sort of paste! I try to stir every 45 minutes or so. When I'm all finished, I let it cool until its just cool enough to handle (wear rubber gloves). At this point I do a two stage drain of the bud. First stage, I strain through a fine mesh strainer, using a rubber spatula to work the liquid out. Second stage, drained buds go into cheesecloth and I squeeze the ever living sh*t out of it....wringing the cheesecloth as I go. I do this in batches until I'm satisfied I've gotten all of the liquid out the best I can.

Excellent Short Stuff comparison for any cultivator @stepside. Responded well. I may have to gather my guts and try that on some up and coming ladies this season. I top and manipulate my photos, but nothing much on autos except for a bit of tucking. I have to step up my manipluation.
Most autos seem to take it well check these GSC's out.

3gal pot natural
IMG_20170509_173744.jpg

25gal pot.. tied up and twisted
IMG_20170518_203954.jpg

the main thing I learned, was that it's better to put the weed in in stages in the crock pot. start with 1/3 of it, and another 1/3 every hour. Then let it go. It's supposed to keep the extraction process active.

edit. I also bought a "potato ricer" press, and some fine micron silk screen to put into it. It should take most of the trouble out of the straining process.
You're just putting it straight in the crockpot? The recipe I read said to put the glycerin and bud in a sealed jar and not to open it until it's done. I'm not planning to make enough to fill a crockpot. Although I can picture myself sneaking some of the dogs meds lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back