Status
Not open for further replies.
THis is very true.....the VG/bud mixture turns into a sort of paste! I try to stir every 45 minutes or so. When I'm all finished, I let it cool until its just cool enough to handle (wear rubber gloves). At this point I do a two stage drain of the bud. First stage, I strain through a fine mesh strainer, using a rubber spatula to work the liquid out. Second stage, drained buds go into cheesecloth and I squeeze the ever living sh*t out of it....wringing the cheesecloth as I go. I do this in batches until I'm satisfied I've gotten all of the liquid out the best I can.

That's more or less how I did it, but I used a course 'spaghetti' strainer first to get out the worst of the bulk first. It made the second round of straining much easier.

You're just putting it straight in the crockpot? The recipe I read said to put the glycerin and bud in a sealed jar and not to open it until it's done. I'm not planning to make enough to fill a crockpot. Although I can picture myself sneaking some of the dogs meds lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'd recomend the green dragon extraction for small amounts. cook off the alcohol and decarb it that way, and then mix straight into VG and your done.

I vaped a lot until just the other day.
full
Nice to see another arizer fan! I've scribbled all over mine LOTR style lol
12b843419f0e498c0b71cb0e4e5d07c4.jpg

You're just putting it straight in the crockpot? The recipe I read said to put the glycerin and bud in a sealed jar and not to open it until it's done. I'm not planning to make enough to fill a crockpot. Although I can picture myself sneaking some of the dogs meds lol.
Don't sweat it bro...it will work fine...although I think you may want to bump up the amount of glycerin you're using.....it will mellow it out a little, and make the process easier.

I'd recomend the green dragon extraction for small amounts. cook off the alcohol and decarb it that way, and then mix straight into VG and your done.
I want to try to do it completely alcohol free this time. The recipe I have is for 2oz at a time so I'm going to try this first. As soon as my glycerin comes I will be making it. I will of course try it myself before dosing the arthritic pooch. I figure 2oz of tincture is probably a lifetime supply for her. If it works as well as I hope it will, I will make her indica and sativa versions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't even like extracts anyway. I tried it. I don't like edibles either. I'm stubborn as fuk apparently. I just wanna smoke a glass pipe, or maybe a joint. Joints need to be at the right stage of cure though or they burn like shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back