Status
Not open for further replies.
Used what was available.
Started as just soil top Hempy. Then added a small external reservoir and roots shot out the bottom of bucket. So added a bigger res and air.
What was available is small perlite. Will order grow stones for next run.
And not sure about the size air pump. I'll have to look when I get off. I have to open other ports on it with the 2 hoses I have running into it. Way too much air if I don't. I think 1 pump per 2 buckets is pretty solid I think.
But used the perlite to support soil and for the roots to grow and transition to the water
. After a trial. Need much larger stones in bottom and bigger holes. And green Gene suggested I make a net out of bottom of grow bucket . I love that idea seeing the root growth now.

@ashton most folks here know me fairly well and they know what I am about to say, there is NEVER too much air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a proven max oxygen technique that is the way to get your plants to grow the biggest.... period lol. SO without going all sciency on everyone who is reading, cannabis loves almost above all else oxygen to the roots(this is why there is perlite in soil, to help with aeration) so with that being said there is no such thing as too much air(now i am sure there is a point of diminishing return, but i haven't found it yet haha) this is how folks are getting 1 pound per plant autos(see badge :) :) ) when you get home I would do two things asap, first is close the ports on your manifold and get all the air you can goin into the rez water. Second is, if you have or can get two more air stones and put them on hoses attached to the two open ports you have now.

I have my formal education in botany and have been growing in DWC type mediums for 10+ years, it is almost the entire reasoning for my Dream Farm setup. After years of research, trial and error I theorized that if you up all of the growth varibles exponentially that the growth rate of autoflowering cannabis can far exceed what previously thought possible. Starting with the air to the roots, with lots of light, lots of good nutrients, temperatures and so on. So that "a rising tide rasies all ships" mentality applies, and the result is really big plants. Here is an example of my roots on my AutoXtreme grow just to give you an idea of what we are talkin about here :)
roots.jpg
I can talk about DWC/aerated o2 allllllll day lol.

@MissUniverse Awesome I am here for ya girl! I will hop on over here in just a few, do me a favor and list all of the components you have, with the liters per minute of your air pump if possible. We will get you over on the dank side for real!!!

This makes me want to grow some cremini mushrooms! I use dried cremini mushroom powder in sauces and soups alot. It would be really cool if they were home grown.....I may have to check it out!
Go for it Frank :thumbsup: These are so easy it's scary and it's a one bag deal . Cut slashes in bag , spray twice a day ,place in a dark spot and wait . :biggrin:

@ashton most folks here know me fairly well and they know what I am about to say, there is NEVER too much air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a proven max oxygen technique that is the way to get your plants to grow the biggest.... period lol. SO without going all sciency on everyone who is reading, cannabis loves almost above all else oxygen to the roots(this is why there is perlite in soil, to help with aeration) so with that being said there is no such thing as too much air(now i am sure there is a point of diminishing return, but i haven't found it yet haha) this is how folks are getting 1 pound per plant autos(see badge :) :) ) when you get home I would do two things asap, first is close the ports on your manifold and get all the air you can goin into the rez water. Second is, if you have or can get two more air stones and put them on hoses attached to the two open ports you have now.

I have my formal education in botany and have been growing in DWC type mediums for 10+ years, it is almost the entire reasoning for my Dream Farm setup. After years of research, trial and error I theorized that if you up all of the growth varibles exponentially that the growth rate of autoflowering cannabis can far exceed what previously thought possible. Starting with the air to the roots, with lots of light, lots of good nutrients, temperatures and so on. So that "a rising tide rasies all ships" mentality applies, and the result is really big plants. Here is an example of my roots on my AutoXtreme grow just to give you an idea of what we are talkin about here :) View attachment 743655 I can talk about DWC/aerated o2 allllllll day lol.

@MissUniverse Awesome I am here for ya girl! I will hop on over here in just a few, do me a favor and list all of the components you have, with the liters per minute of your air pump if possible. We will get you over on the dank side for real!!!
I'll read this in a min. Good info. I skimmed. But I feel it was too much air. Because it was abusing roots in the rough holes of bucket. And cutting the roots. So I felt in that case it was too much air pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back