Indoor RealGrowers Mondo 90 X Gas Reaper Hellbender Trial

I wanted to do coco but had no experience with the Coco fixin's so I did 50% Royal Gold Coco, 25% basement mix, and 25% Build A Soil 3.0 with a 30g application of dots.

In the future I'm going to just mix in 2 cups of the 3.0 then fill in the rest with Coco and keep the dots at 30g. Scotty real did just post a video today showing some solo cup grows with just pre treated Coco and 5g of dots.

I just started a couple solos with 5g of dots. One just Coco and another a similar mix to what I'm using now. Also started (4) one gals using only stuff I could find at the hardware store just to see how well the dots could do for someone with limited resources.
Probably a dumb question, but what is basement mix? Is that just something you've mixed up yourself? I also have zero experience in coco and thats pretty much off the table for the moment until I can get set up with a good PH meter. I would be super interested in testing it out in a very very light soil blend, if I can find one. I've pretty much exclusively run the full FF line so far, so if I could switch to something like this I would be ecstatic. So much to the point that I've already ordered the sample size package of it and the 3 sticks of Recharge. How often have you been using the Recharge? Do you think the mild nute burn may be contributed to it, considering it makes N more readily available? My thoughts are to only use the Recharge in instances where it is clear the plant is hungry for it.

Probably a dumb question, but what is basement mix? Is that just something you've mixed up yourself? I also have zero experience in coco and thats pretty much off the table for the moment until I can get set up with a good PH meter. I would be super interested in testing it out in a very very light soil blend, if I can find one. I've pretty much exclusively run the full FF line so far, so if I could switch to something like this I would be ecstatic. So much to the point that I've already ordered the sample size package of it and the 3 sticks of Recharge. How often have you been using the Recharge? Do you think the mild nute burn may be contributed to it, considering it makes N more readily available? My thoughts are to only use the Recharge in instances where it is clear the plant is hungry for it.
Basement Mix is a Royal Gold coco/Pete blend. It's their middle of the road for moisture retention and amendments.

That's my go to base for seeds, NLS super soil type grows, synthetic, whatever. (I do love the mendo mix too but slowly shifting into the lighter stuff)

Sounds like the blend you might be interested in is the royal gold kings mix. It's their lightest, least amended mix that isn't full Coco.

One dose of recharge a week at 1tsp per gallon. This week was my last week for it as I think it's done growing roots.

As for the burn, I think it's more of an all around, just a little too much. In my experience with n tox specifically. I get the dark fat leaves with nasty clawing. Which I just had a small amount of weeks 3-5. The PK burn I seem to get more as the tip burning. Which I would rate a 4 out of 10 for severity but it stopped showing up when the sugar leaves started popping. So I think I'm in the clear.

I just know the BAS 3.0 is WAYYYYYY to hot for autos and I think the 25% took it over the edge. That's why I wanna use 1 or 2 cups as an ewc/bio char type application.

Last edited:
Basement Mix is a Royal Gold coco/Pete blend. It's their middle of the road for moisture retention and amendments.

That's my go to base for seeds, NLS super soil type grows, synthetic, whatever. (I do love the mendo mix too but slowly shifting into the lighter stuff)

Sounds like the blend you might be interested in is the royal gold kings mix. It's their lightest, least amended mix that isn't full Coco.

One dose of recharge a week at 1tsp per gallon. This week was my last week for it as I think it's done growing roots.

As for the burn, I think it'd more of an all around, just a little too much. In my experience with n tox specifically. I get the dark fat leaves with nasty clawing. Which I just had a small amount of weeks 3-5. The PK burn I seen to get more as the tip burning. Which is would rate a 4 out of 10 for severity but it stopped showing up when the sugar leaves started popping. So I think I'm in the clear.

I just know the BAS 3.0 is WAYYYYYY to hot for autos and I think the 25% took it over the edge. That's why I wanna use a1 or 2 cups as an ewc/bio char type application.
BAS being Build a Soil, right?

Up potted my 3BOG from her 1gal starter pot to a 5gal last night. Soil I had on hand is FFOF, so I figured I'd give it a shot and see what happened. Went with the 1ts application since the FF is already pretty heavy. She's 2 days behind my Sour Stomper, so it will be interesting to see how they compare. I was going to wait till I could do multiple of a single strain to test the FF/Gro Dots/Lotus against each other, but since they came yesterday and I was already repotting her *and* they doubled my order for free, I figured I'd go ahead and give it a shot.

Up potted my 3BOG from her 1gal starter pot to a 5gal last night. Soil I had on hand is FFOF, so I figured I'd give it a shot and see what happened. Went with the 1ts application since the FF is already pretty heavy. She's 2 days behind my Sour Stomper, so it will be interesting to see how they compare. I was going to wait till I could do multiple of a single strain to test the FF/Gro Dots/Lotus against each other, but since they came yesterday and I was already repotting her *and* they doubled my order for free, I figured I'd go ahead and give it a shot.
Nice! Excited to see how it goes

Well, she doesn't grow too many leaves or branches but the buds keep getting bigger.

Still just water. Lights at 225 watts. No more room to crank it up higher. Fade happening a little early for my liking. Especially at the top. May top dress if it keeps aggressively fading.

Other than that. She seems really happy. Smells are aggressive. Frost building even faster.
20211101_092244.jpg
20211101_092252.jpg
20211101_092256.jpg

Yeah, I doubt you'll get a ton of leaves back. Looks almost like you may have a tiny bit of a mag def, you may want to water with some Epsom salt as that doesn't look like normal fade to me and seems to be starting at the top.

Yeah, I doubt you'll get a ton of leaves back. Looks almost like you may have a tiny bit of a mag def, you may want to water with some Epsom salt as that doesn't look like normal fade to me and seems to be starting at the top.
Yeah. I agree, in a regular grow I'd be more hands on but for this trial only thing I'm using is the dots and Recharge. I'll throw 10 grams on top before my next water.

That top set of leaves is pretty old and only about 8" from the top light. Think they are just tired and a little bleached.

I re-read the beginning just to be sure, so this is 30g of pellets in 3 gal of soil. It looks to be running out just a little early? Is that correct? How many days are you along?

Back