Extraction QWET to Vape

I didn’t realize they changed the buzz type! I thought it was just a flavour profile. Interesting stuff. Have you tried a Sativa terpene with an indica oil? Hybrid!

I hear ya on the cost of terpenes. I looked at those blue river ones and they are pretty $.

I need to get that little distiller you have. Are you happy with it still?
I was surprised by the buzz type as well. I have not grown any pure races until the Wild Thailand I just finished. I just mix the fresh frozen buds from whatever I am harvesting. What I can tell you is the same hybrid base There are three distinct buzzes, Plain no flavor added is mostly a head buzz but it seems to be missing some thing you cannot put your finger on, and then the two buzzes changed by the profile terps. Hard to explain but easy to tell when vaping.

Oh hell yes, the distiller is worth its weight in gold! Be sure to get the one with the temperature controller.

I just got 15g of QWET from the fresh frozen buds from the Blueberry and Wild Thailand :woohoo:. Street value would be $750.

qwet1.jpg
qwet2.jpg
qwet3.jpg

I was surprised by the buzz type as well. I have not grown any pure races until the Wild Thailand I just finished. I just mix the fresh frozen buds from whatever I am harvesting. What I can tell you is the same hybrid base There are three distinct buzzes, Plain no flavor added is mostly a head buzz but it seems to be missing some thing you cannot put your finger on, and then the two buzzes changed by the profile terps. Hard to explain but easy to tell when vaping.

Oh hell yes, the distiller is worth its weight in gold! Be sure to get the one with the temperature controller.

I just got 15g of QWET from the fresh frozen buds from the Blueberry and Wild Thailand :woohoo:. Street value would be $750.

View attachment 960907 View attachment 960908 View attachment 960909

Mega Jealous!

Also love that little DIY evap box you got going hahah

Mega Jealous!

Also love that little DIY evap box you got going hahah
Yeah :rofl: I wish I had the money for an explosion proof vacuum oven and a place to keep it. This one cost < $5. It gets the job done. If anybody is thinking of copying it just be sure to BLOW the air into the chamber. It is good at keeping any dust out.

Yeah :rofl: I wish I had the money for an explosion proof vacuum oven and a place to keep it. This one cost < $5. It gets the job done. If anybody is thinking of copying it just be sure to BLOW the air into the chamber. It is good at keeping any dust out.

Yep. Better not be sucking the fumes into the fan lol.

I’ve never looked up those vacuum ovens... what do they go for?

What about a pot, with a vacuum lid, on a hot plate? That seems a lot less $$. I guess that’s what the source turbo is..... but I bet a big/heated vacuum pot could be built to hold some smaller Pyrex dishes?

Just thinking out loud :jointman:

Yep. Better not be sucking the fumes into the fan lol.

I’ve never looked up those vacuum ovens... what do they go for?

What about a pot, with a vacuum lid, on a hot plate? That seems a lot less $$. I guess that’s what the source turbo is..... but I bet a big/heated vacuum pot could be built to hold some smaller Pyrex dishes?

Just thinking out loud :jointman:
Reasonable equipment oven and pump $1,000.00.

Whew! That’s a lot of coin...... I like the cardboard box hahah.

This is also what I was thinking. Something along these lines...

Amazon product

You can push a heat pad under it or use a Pyrex dish with hot water.

Whew! That’s a lot of coin...... I like the cardboard box hahah.

This is also what I was thinking. Something along these lines...

Amazon product

You can push a heat pad under it or use a Pyrex dish with hot water.

That stuff is marginal at best. The pump will not last long and is not stated for use with flammables?

This is a pump to get the job done:

ScreenHunter_136 Oct. 14 23.19.jpg

Or this one:

ScreenHunter_136 Oct. 14 23.28.jpg

Anyhow you see the difference.

By the way I know that air drying will leave behind some solvent. That is why I use ethanol as the lowest toxicity and relatively safer of the popular solvents. I have been drinking since I was 14 a little more won't matter much.

@Mañ'O'Green

Yep. I see what you’re saying. Might as well get the oven at that point.

I agree. Ethanol is not a big deal in the final product at the really low concentration. I know that some guys will add a few drops of grain alcohol with really thick oils anyways..... so same difference.

I think the QWET produces the best concentrates and is generally the safest. Rosin is great, but it leaves a lot of plant waxes/fats that I wouldn’t want to vaporize. It also has a tendency to kill carts.

Passive C02 extraction also looks great.... but it definitely requires vacuum oven time and more work. Upfront cost is also a lot.

Your method is top notch. I look forward to the video. I can’t wait to use my own fresh frozen buds for a great vape oil in a few months. Just need to decided on terpenes now!

Back