Lighting Quantum board thread.

Hoping someone can help me out here, I have just received my invisible sun 265w Samsung LM301B board but I need to finish up the final connection to the board from the driver and don't want to mess this part up, if somebody could advise where I make the connections that would be great! Basically I need to know where to terminate the live and where to terminate the neutral and also if I need to do anymore links or I just terminate these 2 wires and I'm good to go?
20180907_173546.jpg

20180907_173737.jpg

All you need to do at this point is connect the output of the driver to the correct board terminals. Be sure its positive to positive, etc.

Hoping someone can help me out here, I have just received my invisible sun 265w Samsung LM301B board but I need to finish up the final connection to the board from the driver and don't want to mess this part up, if somebody could advise where I make the connections that would be great! Basically I need to know where to terminate the live and where to terminate the neutral and also if I need to do anymore links or I just terminate these 2 wires and I'm good to go?
View attachment 949070
View attachment 949071

All you need to do at this point is connect the output of the driver to the correct board terminals. Be sure its positive to positive, etc.
Thank you! I thought that was all I needed to do but was confused by the board being wired in parallel as all the rest I have seen have been wired in series, does it make any difference?

Different driver types may require specific wiring. Your driver is a constant voltage driver, its designed to run in a narrow voltage range, yours, probably 44-52 volts. Thus the 48 designation on the end of the model number.
If you had a Meanwell model HLG240H-C1400b these are constant current and constant voltage and can be wired either series or parallel depending on your board or COB requirements. All meanwell drivers have a data sheet that is very useful in determining if a driver is right for you. Most sites that sell them have a download link for the datasheet.

Hope that helps!
:cheers::pass:

Thank you! I thought that was all I needed to do but was confused by the board being wired in parallel as all the rest I have seen have been wired in series, does it make any difference?

Let me put it a different way, constant current drivers divide the amperage by the number of cobs, etc but will not drive more than one board as it cannot supply enough voltage. constant voltage drivers such as the C1400 I mentioned will supply as many boards or cobs as it can up to its limit ( a 240H has a 240 watt limit ) when wired in series. When wired on parallel, it divides the 1400ma among the boards or cobs. Example 2 boards on an HLG240H-C1400b will each get 700ma, three would get 450ma, etc. With a low voltage load like a 48V board your better off wiring in series as you can like wire 4 boards. With a board like the QB 304, which runs at 100 volts, you could run 2 boards in parallel but not in series, the driver would not have enough voltage.

HLG240H.png

You need to wire like this bro.
Parrallel_large.png

These Invisible Sun boards run in parallel, I think that's the only way to get the both of them to run at the maximum of 265watts from the wall using the driver you have..

Last edited:
Can you have to much light from qb's? Got a 250w delivered yesterday for my 80cmx80cmx160cm tent but was advised maximum to use it like 220?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

See, this is the downfall of our continuing to use wattage as a measure of how powerful a light is, it really doesn't tell you much about your light.

The answer however is, it depends... what strain you grow, how close you let the plants get to the light, humidity, air movement, etc. Best when your unsure is to start with your light raised high and gradually lower it and watch you plants for a day or two each time. In that size tent ( I have one that size ) run the light around 28" ( 70cm ) with seedlings and young plants. I prefer running my light hard and high in a tent, you benefit from the diffuse light. I let my plants grow up to the light. If you want to keep them short, keep the light as close as you can after they've developed a good canopy. Running hard I find my absolute limit in that tent is around 16" (41cm )

Can you have to much light from qb's? Got a 250w delivered yesterday for my 80cmx80cmx160cm tent but was advised maximum to use it like 220?

See, this is the downfall of our continuing to use wattage as a measure of how powerful a light is, it really doesn't tell you much about your light.

The answer however is, it depends... what strain you grow, how close you let the plants get to the light, humidity, air movement, etc. Best when your unsure is to start with your light raised high and gradually lower it and watch you plants for a day or two each time. In that size tent ( I have one that size ) run the light around 28" ( 70cm ) with seedlings and young plants. I prefer running my light hard and high in a tent, you benefit from the diffuse light. I let my plants grow up to the light. If you want to keep them short, keep the light as close as you can after they've developed a good canopy. Running hard I find my absolute limit in that tent is around 16" (41cm )

Thats very close to the heights I'm using too! Great info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou, some1 said 250w would kill ny plants, i always start high and lower when needed, im gunna grow a full tent of cheese and blues (about 4) so i think they lean more towards sativa so they'll prob be topped to stay low and hopefully they will love the new light. Was just worried if it would be too much light in such a small tent. Ill try keep on top of enviroment.

Back