Indoor Prism Lighting Science CMH Test grow - 2018

So I picked up the temp gun. I tried taking pics of the bulb but it was to bright. Here some of the temps I got of the light.

This reading taken from the outside hood.
View attachment 886369

This at the tip of the bulb where it was coolest
View attachment 886370

This was of the hottest part of the bulb. The temp varried a bit about 50 to 80 degrees hotter.
View attachment 886371
I won't be able post pics (can't hold camera & temp gun and focus with both)with my temps but I have gathered some temps.... My lamp 410degree's inside of hood 94.7 and outside of hood 84.4-78.2 depending on area of outside of hood.. so I can see this lamp does run quite a bit cooler then yours is.. so maybe thats why you guys are having heat issues. I dab at higher temp then this lamp gets, lmao

Last edited:
All good man. Lmao that's awesome! All good info too. Its funny I took some leaf surface temps as well. They ranged from 74F to 81.5F but nothing to crazy. I was surprised at this. I was expecting a higher LST.

All good man. Lmao that's awesome! All good info too. Its funny I took some leaf surface temps as well. They ranged from 74F to 81.5F but nothing to crazy. I was surprised at this. I was expecting a higher LST.
yeah I did that also and walls of tent, outside walls of tent,floor,etc... My arm :p I was aiming it at everything... The ballast is nice n cool with fan blowing on it, staying right at 70degrees flat!

yeah I did that also and walls of tent, outside walls of tent,floor,etc... My arm :p I was aiming it at everything... The ballast is nice n cool with fan blowing on it, staying right at 70degrees flat!
LMFAO. That's awesome! The fun toys we get to play with because we grow :vibe::smoking:

LMFAO. That's awesome! The fun toys we get to play with because we grow :vibe::smoking:
I been wanting one of these ir temp things. now I picked up my 12ton press, I just need get plates & controller and this ir thing will come in handy to make sure the plate temps are correct or at-least how much I know they off by so I can make adjustments...

I been wanting one of these ir temp things. now I picked up my 12ton press, I just need get plates & controller and this ir thing will come in handy to make sure the plate temps are correct or at-least how much I know they off by so I can make adjustments...
I never even thought of that. Makes sense you would need to know that.

Here's my Tuesday update. Garden is growing well. My autos have about 2-3 weeks left to go. With the largest plant having trichomes just turning cloudy. Photo plants are about the same with the exception of 3 that are really behind the others.

20180404_003238.jpg
20180404_003301.jpg
20180404_003448.jpg

its me your one and one db003 and its time for a update on both my prism lighting science 315w cmh light grows both in super soil

just got done watering my plants in my tent and my closet grow both got plain water today they got a compost tea in my last watering two days ago and are looking just fantastic

I am not going to train the scrog just let it do its thing it will be uneven but its OK one of the plants stayed short so it looks lopsided but looking very clean under the net so it should make up

my photo plant in the closet is looking super beast its like 19 inches tall from the soil and about 32 inches wide and just entered the beginning of week 2 of flower its a indica indica dominant strain so hoping it does not stretch to hard in flower

the water I used was plain carbon filtered tap water (filtered water not R/O water) it was ph. to 6.2 with a mix of citric acid crystals (natural ph. down) and ascorbic acid powder and sodium ascorbic powder (both are vitamin C powders) that I use as ph. down and a dechlorinator and was bubbled for 24+ hours

the plants in my grow tent are under a prism lighting science 315w cmh are

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day [HASHTAG]#52[/HASHTAG] from sprout and day [HASHTAG]#45[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#52[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#45[/HASHTAG] from sprout

the single photo plant in the closet under a prism lighting science 315w cmh is

1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day [HASHTAG]#8[/HASHTAG] of flower

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG
016.JPG

Hey Guys here is an update of my 4200k LEC @day 58 , everything looking Great! These plants way bigger then I wanted them to get... Enjoy! Hey @Vapo69 I included a special pic just for you.... Check out how far away my Royal jack is from lamp...about a 1 - 1-1/2inches ... amazing no twisting or burn or anything, right? Enjoy!

IMG_6091.JPG
IMG_6097.JPG
IMG_6101.JPG
IMG_6102.JPG
IMG_6109.JPG
IMG_6110.JPG
IMG_6118.JPG
IMG_6123.JPG
IMG_6124.JPG
IMG_6125.JPG

Been in trim jail. Chopped the double bubble and gmo. Got about 6 oz between them. Little to no popcorn. Great light coverage. The plushxtrop is now the center of attention, with a few others sharing the space. She's starting week 5 If I remember correctly. Temps are steady at 81-82f. Part two of cruise control!
20180409_170928.jpg
20180409_171021_Burst01.jpg
20180409_171013.jpg

Back