Indoor Prism Lighting Science CMH Test grow - 2018

Hey Guys here is another update of my 4200k LEC test, I think this 4200k lamp is probably the best I've ever vegged with, PERIOD! These plants are HUGE, very nice inter-node spacing, super well branched 30+ branches on every plant and branches coming off of them branches...It even seems to be flowering well, Which I mentioned right from the start I thought would be the biggest part of this test for me, I assumed this would veg well, it veg better then well....and also seeming to do a very nice job at flowering, as I have one starting to swell now, she just entered the bloom stage, she was just switched over from transition Nutrients 36hrs ago and you can see she responding very nicely to the bloom nutrients and light color. Also, even the plants that are not flowering already have tri-comes on them, kinda amazing really.. Every plant is still "praying" to the light, that's what it looks like to me...These plants are super-super healthy and super big, smallest is 32.5" largest 48" and that still needs put out a main cola so that will still gain several more inches..Enjoy!View attachment 884674 View attachment 884675 View attachment 884676 View attachment 884677 View attachment 884679 View attachment 884680 View attachment 884681
:d5::worship::worship: they look great dude.....those massive healthy leaves....soakin up the 'shine lol:bow:

:d5::worship::worship: they look great dude.....those massive healthy leaves....soakin up the 'shine lol:bow:
Thanks Bro... I think everything looking really great! That light looks like sunshine, Like a Bright July sunny afternoon... That's one of best parts about growing inside, Everyday is a perfect weather day, no clouds, no over-cast, 100% sunshine always..:d5:

I'm using the 3100k I'm wondering if there is a difference in radiant heat with the bulbs. Witch would explain the different temps possibly. Is anyone else growing with the 4200k having heat issues or no. Also is everyone with the 3100k bulbs having heat issues or no?
yes it could be them 3100k lamps, I think all you guys are using that one and I'm only one using the 4200k..:shrug::pass:

yes it could be them 3100k lamps, I think all you guys are using that one and I'm only one using the 4200k..:shrug::pass:
I think when I have the money I am going to buy a 4200k........I have to know now lol I mean if they do actually produce less heat that would be a huge plus for some growers. My self included. Even if it turns out they don't produce less heat I would still like one of those bulbs for my veg tent.

I think when I have the money I am going to buy a 4200k........I have to know now lol I mean if they do actually produce less heat that would be a huge plus for some growers. My self included. Even if it turns out they don't produce less heat I would still like one of those bulbs for my veg tent.

I wanted to get a 4200k bulb too but I want to wait until eye hortilux starts selling there version of the 4200k cmh bulb. they state is has 50% more Ultra Violet then competitors bulbs. they say something about the type of glass they use lets more UV pass though for now they only have the 4200k version. it says it can be used for full cycle but is best for veg

but then again I want to see it compared to the philips 4200k 315w to see how it really stands up

yes, that would be the only true way to know... I'd be surprised if the kelvin difference is making that much of a heat difference..But I guess only way to know would be trying the other lamp... I know 100% for sure this 4200k runs very cool, about the same as 150w hps I have one of them and I know how warm that gets and this not really ANY different imo.

I wanted to get a 4200k bulb too but I want to wait until eye hortilux starts selling there version of the 4200k cmh bulb. they state is has 50% more Ultra Violet then competitors bulbs. they say something about the type of glass they use lets more UV pass though for now they only have the 4200k version. it says it can be used for full cycle but is best for veg

but then again I want to see it compared to the philips 4200k 315w to see how it really stands up
FYI, there is also a 4100k

dudes I ripped some info I found, its a spectral analysis done by Utah university(?)side by side with MH, HPS, CFL and good old CMH, its a Philips Argo bulb they used.....now I just need to find it lol.....right its a fucking pdf file.........bollocks!! sorry guys!!

Back