Indoor Prism Lighting Science CMH Test grow - 2018

All the plants have solid growth under the cmh. Appreciating how they dont really stretch at all. And im running the light quite a bit higher than reccomended.

The down side for me
Had to re route my ducting and add all kinds of fans to keep the room as cool as possible. Typically between 82-86 now. Much warmer than i like
With the struggle to get temps low enough i have managed to create the most dry atmosphere ever. Even with a small humidifier going all day in the room i cant get it above 40%
Lucky to keep it over 30% and its starting to take a slight toll on my grow
Most of my girls are showing some heat stress signs. Could be from rh or temps.
There is nothing else i can do to get temps lower and rh higher. Im at a bit of a loss here and not sure what to do.
15201845052181995015167.jpg
15201845288511822760592.jpg
15201845424151586641129.jpg
15201845744081140731178.jpg
15201846239021447678052.jpg

The really light color girl is a mutant. So dont mind her. The leaf curling is the focal point.
And light is 40 inches from bottom of reflector to top of canopy

Any advice?

All the plants have solid growth under the cmh. Appreciating how they dont really stretch at all. And im running the light quite a bit higher than reccomended.

The down side for me
Had to re route my ducting and add all kinds of fans to keep the room as cool as possible. Typically between 82-86 now. Much warmer than i like
With the struggle to get temps low enough i have managed to create the most dry atmosphere ever. Even with a small humidifier going all day in the room i cant get it above 40%
There is nothing else i can do to get temps lower and rh higher. Im at a bit of a loss here and not sure what to do. View attachment 873190 View attachment 873191 View attachment 873192 View attachment 873193 View attachment 873196
The really light color girl is a mutant. So dont mind her. The leaf curling is the focal point.

Any advice?
What about the water towel trick? Did the job for me.

More humidifiers. Got to get the Rh to match the temps. Get the VPD in the right range. I used a cheep steam vaporizer from Wally World costume around 15 bucks I think. I had two going for a few weeks when it was wicked dry and everyone was in veg.

The down side for me
There is nothing else i can do to get temps lower and rh higher. Im at a bit of a loss here and not sure what to do. View attachment 873190 View attachment 873191 View attachment 873192 View attachment 873193 View attachment 873196

Any advice?
I hear you. I have been having the same struggle. I tried fans on the light but it increased the temps. Which I found mind numbing lol I have 2 full whole house sized humidifiers just to try and keep up lol I have my lights about 32 inches away at this point. I have had to reduce the temp of my house down to 66F just to keep the temps at high 70's to low 80's. Summer scares me lol I'm going to have to invest in a large air conditioner.

If you do get steam humidifiers make sure to find ones that don't raise your heat. I made that mistake and was always chasing the dragon so to speak lol

Cant make more investments into humidifiers lol. And may try some wet towels. But also have flowering plants in the room so the mold and mildew from wet towels scares me a bit.

Fortunately. In a few months ill be able to use the window ac unit back there again. Which will help. But winter is killing me here lol

I hear you. I have been having the same struggle. I tried fans on the light but it increased the temps. Which I found mind numbing lol I have 2 full whole house sized humidifiers just to try and keep up lol I have my lights about 32 inches away at this point. I have had to reduce the temp of my house down to 66F just to keep the temps at high 70's to low 80's. Summer scares me lol I'm going to have to invest in a large air conditioner.
Wow, That is amazing that you guy's are having such issue's with the temps... My tent will NOT get over 79degree's without assistance from co2 burner... Even when flooding I bring temps sometimes up to 94-96degree's, come back 30mins later to check and temp back at 81..So am flooding again.. I been doing 12-14min flood times with propane co2 burner.. The area outside my tent is 64-65degree's, My tent is sealed as I mentioned before & also no fresh air being pumped in..My plants are really loving this LEC, I still have height set at 27" and seem to like that distance with this light, also one big or major thing I have noticed, which is a huge plus.... When I used to run my MH/Hps , I would noticed problems with reception when I had radio near tent... The radio very far from the ballast, but maybe the lamps were putting off some type of RF frequency causing the radio not come it at times but with this LEC I can put radio right up to lamp or ballast without that same interference... I didn't realize just how bad my other ballast was affecting things,until I switched over to this LEC...Just thought that was a nice thing to point out about these..

Ash, it’s all about VPD, the relationship between Rh and temp and how the plant transpires. The higher the temp the higher you can run the Rh before mold worries.
Check out the charts and you will see what is safe for your room.

When I used to run my MH/Hps , I would noticed problems with reception when I had radio near tent... The radio very far from the ballast, but maybe the lamps were putting off some type of RF frequency causing the radio not come it at times but with this LEC I can put radio right up to lamp or ballast without that same interference... I didn't realize just how bad my other ballast was affecting things,until I switched over to this LEC...Just thought that was a nice thing to point out about these..

That's an excellent point. The high frequency switching power supplies that are these ballasts can make an F-ton of noise. I noticed the large ferrite core on the power cable an thought it was a nice touch and that Prizm was thinking about RF leakage.

its time for a update on my plants

its my birthday today just turned the big 33 and got some plans this morning going out for breakfast with a friend and going to have some drinks later so I wanted to take care of my plants early today

I just gave they there first barley seed sprout tea with aloe vera powder and coconut water powder and a pinch of roots organic oregonism xl to all the plants it was mixed with about 3 gallons of water

I used

2x tablespoons of ground 6 row malted barley
1/4 teaspoon of aloe vera powder
1/4 teaspoon of coconut water powder
pinch of roots organic oregonism xl

the water I used was plain carbon filtered tap water (filtered water not R/O water) it was ph. to 6.2 with a mix of citric acid crystals (natural ph. down) and ascorbic acid powder and sodium ascorbic powder (both are vitamin C powders) that I use as ph. down and a dechlorinator and was bubbled for 24+ hours

I also topped my lemon tooth photo period plant at its third node I plan on topping it again after it grows out a bit more

the plants in my grow tent are

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day [HASHTAG]#20[/HASHTAG] from sprout and day [HASHTAG]#13[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#20[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#13[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day [HASHTAG]#19[/HASHTAG] from sprout

002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
010.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG