Indoor Prism Lighting Science CMH Test grow - 2018

yes I have grown there gear before this grow. I did some strain testing for top shelf elite some time last year. I meet them from another breeder named critical mass collective they did a collaboration together and wanted me to do some testing

p.s. you are not the one only that has asked me about the sfsd auto so I am glad I sprouted 2 of them for this grow
i have a feeling who that might have been lol same person who turned me on to them :pass:

What did you grow and what are the impressions? Any journals or smoke reports?

looking at my old grow journals I have grown for top shelf elite twice before this grow 4 strains in total this was before they even had a website and had there seeds at seed banks here is the links to the grow journals

this was near the end of 2016 when I still had my old grow tent and grew with led lights and one more grow in the beginning of 2017 when I got my new grow tent and 600w air cooled hps I think they both were grown in coco if I remember correctly this was before I made my move to super soil and never looked back at a bottle of nutes again

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...ightcrawler-og-auto-tester-mars-ii-700.55435/

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-600w-air-cooled-grow-2x4-growlab-tent.57304/

hope this helps

not sure if I did a smoke report I always forget to do those

its time for a update

I just gave some plain water to all the plants and seedlings except the two that just sprouted

the water I used was plain carbon filtered tap water (filtered water not R/O water) it was ph. to 6.2 with a mix of citric acid crystals (natural ph. down) and ascorbic acid powder and sodium ascorbic powder (both are vitamin C powders) that I use as ph. down and a dechlorinator and was bubbled for 24+ hours

the two plants in flower are

1x blackberry kush auto from Dutch passion in day [HASHTAG]#91[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x dark devil auto from sweet seeds in day [HASHTAG]#91[/HASHTAG] from sprout

the seedlings are

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day [HASHTAG]#10[/HASHTAG] from sprout and day [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#10[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day [HASHTAG]#9[/HASHTAG] from sprout

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG

its time for a update

I just gave some plain water to all the plants and seedlings except the two that just sprouted

the water I used was plain carbon filtered tap water (filtered water not R/O water) it was ph. to 6.2 with a mix of citric acid crystals (natural ph. down) and ascorbic acid powder and sodium ascorbic powder (both are vitamin C powders) that I use as ph. down and a dechlorinator and was bubbled for 24+ hours

the two plants in flower are

1x blackberry kush auto from Dutch passion in day [HASHTAG]#91[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x dark devil auto from sweet seeds in day [HASHTAG]#91[/HASHTAG] from sprout

the seedlings are

2x San Francisco Sour Dough autos from top shelf elite one is in day [HASHTAG]#10[/HASHTAG] from sprout and day [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#10[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite in day [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] from sprout
1x lemon tooth photo period feminized from B-S-B genetics in day [HASHTAG]#9[/HASHTAG] from sprout

View attachment 869348 View attachment 869349 View attachment 869350 View attachment 869351 View attachment 869352 View attachment 869353 View attachment 869354 View attachment 869355 View attachment 869356 View attachment 869357 View attachment 869358 View attachment 869360 View attachment 869361 View attachment 869362

Of course that helps dude, thank you very much for that and your patience :d5:. Looking forward to your current grow :thumbsup:.

Anyone else having a hard time keeping their temps down?
I raised the light to 33 inches from 30 inches and temps at container tops are now good. I also added an xtra circulating fan to this room to keep temps from stacking in that area and this worked for me. However I'm in a large room sectioned off for this test. If I was in a tent I would have gone with the sealed Sun System hood. Hope you get it locked in. :baked: Capture+_2018-02-22-10-53-42.png Capture+_2018-02-24-06-07-23.png 20180220_122741.jpg

How's everyone tonight? Growth under the CMH lights has been fast and vast. I have noticed increased growth and plants with praying leaves witch I never had before but have strive to get. I'm very happy with these lights so far. I have been struggling with heat a bit. I under estimated the amount of heat these lights would give off. I'm in about the second week of flower. I'm growing autos along side photo's in this grow and both seem to love the light equally. Here some photos of the grow.
20180226_212429.jpg
20180226_212443.jpg
20180226_212501.jpg
20180226_212513.jpg
20180226_212629.jpg

Last edited:
Trusting my mrs to manage for 2 days. Will update when i get back home. But so far i have mixed results on a few different plants.
One is a mutant and the other is an unstable cross an f1.
So nothing at fault of growing conditions.
GREAT growth on all of the healthy girls and my solo cup girl is booming!
Have temps under control and humidity is still low. But better than it was. Mid 30s rh.
Low to mid 80s on temps.
Here is a pic of solo cup from 2 days ago. Ill get a full update in 2 days ish
20180225_141802.jpg

lets talk 315w cmh

has anyone heard of any cmh growers using a air cooled hood? I have noticed a few of us have been getting higher temps then expected with the open air hoods but that could do a lot with the space in which it is being used in as well.

my 315w cmh is doing great right now but when spring and summer come it might be a different story. since I have a air cooled hood already I am thinking about getting a 315w cmh bulb adapter for the hood just in case it gets bad I will have another option

I have been watching how the temps go up and down with the cmh on average its about a 10 degree difference in my room and my tent with the 315w cmh and was about 20+ degree difference with the 600w air cooled hps.

I have been checking with the temps in my tent with the pulse nano and room temps with a standard black and grey AcuRite Monitor that most people use including myself.

temperatures to the side I have noticed my light bill has gone down a lot but I was running the 600w hps and the 700w led panel last month but I am only running the one 315w cmh light right now.

the real test is when I hook up the second 315w cmh light and have both running at the same time once my seedlings get bigger one 315w cmh light in the tent and one 315w cmh light in the closet.

pin head hell blazer.jpg

Last edited:
Back