Indoor Prism Lighting Science CMH Test grow - 2018

I kept the ballast outside of the tent on the floor. I figure this tech was tested years before gettin to me, so the ballast temps, I assume are normal. I look at it like your radiator cap on your running car.. It's too hot to touch, but the cap is built to easily withstand those temps. The only time I heard of it being an issue is when people have placed the ballast in the tent because of the added heat.

I've got two plants finishing up under it now, and a bunch of seedlings in waiting! This is going to be a fun show to watch!

Has everyone picked the strains/breeders for your grows?

Yup
Got a mephisto sour strawberry kush. "I think strawberry nuggets now"
A royal queen royal critical

And my 2 photos.
Indy breeder cross called cheery funk pie. F1
Heavy duty fruity x cotton candy kush.

Ill get pics of my babies up after dinner.

So far no stretch or anything on any of the babies so they like the light.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a photo run..
Gonna flower out my GMO cut :woohoo1::yay:and my Dubble Bubble (sour dubb x bubblegum chem) female from Topdawg.. I also have a 3 kings x Orange Cookies female from a homie.. I'm thinking 4-5 max in 2 gal pots. I'm in a 2x4x5 tent so I have height restrictions. 4-5 plants should fill her up pretty good!

20180208_144840.jpg 20180208_144850.jpg 20180208_144918_Burst01.jpg Finished building new area and set up the new lighting system..The Ballast runs a toasty 110 to 115 degrees with ambient air temp of 68 degrees .20180208_144250.jpg Capture+_2018-02-08-15-49-13.png 20180208_144340.jpg 20180208_144404.jpg I put it on a metal rack.
20180208_144208.jpg
20180208_144431.jpg 20180208_144521.jpg 20180208_144742.jpg 20180208_144757_Burst01.jpg

I kept the ballast outside of the tent on the floor. I figure this tech was tested years before gettin to me, so the ballast temps, I assume are normal. I look at it like your radiator cap on your running car.. It's too hot to touch, but the cap is built to easily withstand those temps. The only time I heard of it being an issue is when people have placed the ballast in the tent because of the added heat.

I've got two plants finishing up under it now, and a bunch of seedlings in waiting! This is going to be a fun show to watch!

Has everyone picked the strains/breeders for your grows?
well, I not feel comfortable with it that hot, if you do... then at-least one of US will be able check to see if it holds up as long as ones being cooled will...Mine is also outside the tent in a very cool room, the Ballast was so hot you could not leave your hand on it at all... Unlike a Radiator in a Vehicle, them still have fans to help cool, plus air being forced into it because of moving Vehicle... I'm sure it was tested, I don't know about many years... But anything that take a huge amount of heat can risk being burned out prematurely, I'm not saying that will happen...But it could is all I am saying, Not to mention as I said the Ballast is so hot, I feel it would be unsafe not cooling it, unless ya plan let it sit on a cold cement floor.... I certainly wouldn't mount to wood without cooling, I am putting mine in a Hard Drive Cooler, it run's on 12v adapter there is 2 small fan's... It will keep unit plenty cool enough, at what i feel is safe operating temps... I wish I had one of them IR temp guns to actually read how hot this thing had gotten, it was well over 140degrees thats for sure, I could not put my hand on it.. so that means it shouldn't be near wood or cardboard if your not planning to cool and no plastic around either...My 400w ballast w/ S.L even on S.L 24/7 never even got slightly warm...the only difference between that ballast and this one is that one has a small fan built into one end and other end is slotted to allow hot air to escape.. so it stays very cool, it's also finned like this one.. I just think if ya can maintain safe temps for your ballast, why wouldn't ya? As you say about Radiators them do over heat once in a while, if this was to overheat, what would happen? I'm just looking at very long term and safety concerns is all..I am very big on safety!!!

just started germinating a bunch of seeds that will be grown under my new 315w cmh lights for my next grow and moved 3 more plants from my tent to my to closet to get chopped I already chopped 3 plants down yesterday

I got all the seeds soaking in water

there are still 2 more plants in the tent that need more time I just watered them today with some plain water

I will be growing 4 autos in the tent under a 315w cmh and 2 photo plants in my closet under a 315w cmh but for now I will veg them all in the tent until they get bigger after they sprout and get planted the names of the strain and breeders are in the pics

the 4 autos are all from top shelf elite and the 2 photos are from big head seeds and bsb genetics

005.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
011.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG
019.JPG
020.JPG
021.JPG
023.JPG
025.JPG
029.JPG